Where has the Accountability Partner section gone?

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by UnholyConfessor, Nov 6, 2023.

1. Firk

Firk Fapstronaut

Theory: NoFap LLC as a company wants to sell their paid accountability group memberships so they dislike people teaming up for free. Which would be fully legit, NoFap LLC as the operator can do with this site what they want. People can look for APs on other platforms like Reddit or Discord.

But it would definitely be polite to explain this to the community. As, obviously, the community is their greatest asset. My company just tries to build a user community and it is hard.

2. En?gmatic

En?gmatic Fapstronaut

I remember a guy who complained that he had paid for an accountability group and no one responded to him.

3. I noticed that happening more than once. Seems like the paid accountability service isn't worth the money.

En?gmatic likes this.
  4. I can guess why. Because it's "political." But don't worry I bet if you had something left-wing for your profile pic they wouldn't have the same reaction. Notably a picture of Che Guevara. Jarvis, look up what Che said about black people.

En?gmatic likes this.
  5. I don't care about what Che actually said. If it was up to me he'd have been hanged for being a dirty commie. My point was that Macoy (seemingly) had his profile picture forcibly removed for having a MAGA hat in it, meanwhile I've seen people with Che pictures as their avatar, a guy who was a proponent of an ideology that killed hundreds of millions of people. It's the hypocrisy I'm talking about, not the racism.

6. Caffeine

Caffeine Fapstronaut

@SethLCU seems to suggest that every great man in history was racist, what a strange lesson to give those who want to become great themselves

7. [​IMG]

8. I'm not sure what you mean when you say "nobody mentions famines caused by capitalism." They do. Tankies mention them ALL the time when trying to deflect from how much of a failure their ideology was. Because all they have is whataboutism. All communists should follow their leaders and have a mental breakdown in Walmart and then give up.

9. Caffeine

Caffeine Fapstronaut

Between Mao and Xi, China has had more economic freedom in many ways than the supposedly capitalist USA. Recently, they've been tightening the screws but they're still far from a planned economy. Out of the WW2 powers, the Chinese model is probably closer to Germany than Russia. Authoritarian capitalism it's called sometimes.

Regarding the CCCP, yes they made a lot of guns. If only the same could be said of bread or toilet paper...

10. Sometimes I wonder if you enjoy having the same arguments over and over again lmao. Modern China is not really communist anymore. It hasn't been that way since the 70's. Like Semtex said, they have gotten a bit tighter in recent years but they are still nothing compared to how they were when they first started, and neither was the USSR.

Now, with all due respect, stop derailing this thread with pointless political talk. The purpose of this thread was to talk about the AP section being missing and, by extension, decisions made by moderators that we find strange or shady. That's the only reason I mentioned Che at all, his political affiliation wasn't the point. If you want to have a debate about communism choose someone else to have it with, because these endless circular debates are getting boring and I have better things to do than listen to communist apologists. Like maybe boil my own head. Thanks.

11. En?gmatic

En?gmatic Fapstronaut

China was communist with Mao, and we seen the results well with the cultural revolution. Cultural Revolution is just the steamroller of communism. Try to eradicate or nullify the millenary tradition and culture of China, even if they failed now we see that Chinese are the new merchants of the East. Mao wanted to destroy culture of China, but at the same time had tons of Ancient Chinese text on his room, he was kinda hypocrite from my point of view. Sometime you could ear about the ''Gang of Four'', but in fact they were the ''Gang of Five'' because Mao was one of them since he actually planned the ''cultural revolution'' that caused milions of deaths and then failed.

The Chinese cult of personality is just a replacment of the ancient Cult of the Emperor and as Ovidius says: ''I speak of shapes mutated into new bodies''. This is part of their collective Psyche and when they removed the emperor they just changed his name with something new.

You can see sometime Xi try to balance tradition with ''modernism'' by putting books of Kong-Zi and Marx, Mao togheter. Feel like Modern China actually act like capitalists, but I feel is just a facade for win their ''war'' against whoever want to stop them.

''The importance of the 180km-wide Taiwan Strait for global trade cannot be underestimated. According to Bloomberg data half of the world's container ship fleet and 88% of the world's largest ships have passed through the corridor separating mainland China and Taiwan this year.

As Sky News notes, most of these vessels transport raw materials destined for East Asian industry or finished goods from the region to the rest of the world''

Anyway we should notice that modern China is something that exist thanks to Kissinger and friends that made a deal with Mao. Before the deal China was a third world country thanks to Mao and his Cultural revolution. It was made on purpose to embank the Soviets, let's see what ''dealing with the devil'' will result in our modern world.

It is perfectly clear that modern capitalism is, like Marxism, a subversion.
    Identical in its materialistic view of life; identical, qualitatively in its ideals (multicultural society, abolition of states); identical in its premises, which are sympathetic to a world that has at its center technology, science, production, entertainment

--

You are right btw, this section was for accountabily partner question.

12. Njegere

Njegere Fapstronaut

Yo. Just because China has embraced a capitalist-style economy does not mean they aren't communist. It just means they aren't bolshevik communists any more. They are menshevik communists now. The mensheviks believed that a country needs to go through a period of capitalism first before a communist revolution could be successful. People needed to be able to see the evils of capitalism before they would be able to embrace it's alternative- communism. This looks like what China is doing right now. They are guiding the country through a period of capitalism.

The bolsheviks on the other hand believed that you could jump right into a communist revolution without first going through a period of capitalism. This revolution would be led by a vanguard party. This is classic Marxist-Leninism.

Hope you learned something!

Njegere out.

13. Thanks for the info. What you're saying makes sense but the things enigmatic said also make sense. Regardless, let's not turn this thread into one arguing about communism. Like I said to Seth, I mentioned Che because he was broadly left-wing compared to a MAGA hat, to use as a point of comparison in a hypothetical. The point wasn't to argue for or against any specific ideology.