Starting to lose the will to live

Discussion in 'Loneliness' started by Prochon, Aug 2, 2023.

1. Prochon

Prochon Fapstronaut

I'm really starting to lose the will to live. For around 3 years now, I've been living off government welfare, having nothing to do. I have no prospects of making something of my life here. I don't have any friends at all. Can't find an apartment. And I'm 36 years old, still living with my mother. And it's humiliating having to apply for jobs every month, and having all those employers shun me as if I have AIDS or something

I have a lot of work experience from other countries. But here in my own country, I'm unemployed, and I don't have a degree. And here, if you don't have a degree or certificate, it doesn't matter how much experience you have, they won't hire you. They're obsessed with diplomas

And don't tell me to go to some course and get a degree. Because of my autism, I'm absolutely terrible at school. I fail miserably on things like homework, tests and such things. However, I'm very quick to learn on the job. People may call me sadistic here, but I like being thrown to the sharks and being in sink or swim situations. That is how I've gotten all my skills from.

I really don't know what to do, what direction I wanna go in life. I'm thinking of just going to a far away lawless place and stay there until I starve on the street

2. Sam78

Sam78 Fapstronaut
    NoFap Defender

sorry that you're going through this, when you get knocked so many times the dread can start to build up and the fear of getting knocked down again can feel really overwhelming it can feel pointless to get up again.

not sure what country you are living in but I hear about learning assistance resources for people who are neurodivergent as well as companies that recruit from this population. powertofly.com has some resources that could be helpful

hope you get a break somewhere

ANewFocus likes this.
  3. ANewFocus

ANewFocus Fapstronaut

Focus on each day, making each day better.

Sam78 likes this.
  4. BranchingOut

BranchingOut Fapstronaut

I was in the same position as you are. Granted I live in America I'm not too sure on where you live but I'll tell you what worked for me. I am the same as you, I don't have a college degree and I dropped out of highschool and got my GED (which is an equivalent of a highschool degree) meaning I didn't have too many credentials. What I did is apply for stocking and any physical labor jobs. I did my research on the positions and put keywords of what they wanted and put it on my resume. You don't really have to use your brain to work, but you can use your body for physical labor to be of service to the company. Give it everything you got. Also make a "functional resume" that highlights your skills that are relevant to the job. Like product memorization, teamwork, physical endurance, time management, eye for categorizing/analysis (look up functional resume. And if you do that you will have a higher probability of getting some work. Not 100% as always in life but a good boost is something to consider.

Last edited: Aug 3, 2023
    Sam78 and silex_jedi like this.
  5. Yeah, it's tough and I've always been on the fringes of the employment world; gig work, delivery jobs, restaurant, temp, entry level, labor, etc.

But here's my suggestion. If you want to make things happen in your life, since
    you live at home, invest 90 days in a hard mode reboot.

Because if you are willing to be in the fullness of the suffering from being without
    dopamine, it will make a serious impact on your life.

regaininglife, add eddie and Sam78 like this.
  6. ANewFocus

ANewFocus Fapstronaut

How are you doing?

7. You might press the quote button at the bottom so that someone knows who you are asking.

silex_jedi likes this.
  8. she-dernatinus

she-dernatinus Fapstronaut

I think your problem comes from the fact that you lack social skills, and that you don't have certificate or diploma. This is why you're struggling to get a job.

For a certificate, there's the option of taking online course and doing some training. For the social skills, you can still work on that yourself.