Life is more pain than pleasure.

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by Leanmaxxing, Oct 8, 2023.

1. Leanmaxxing

Leanmaxxing Fapstronaut

Jesus was not a wageslave and I stand by that. He definitely did not put in 40 a week in carpentry lol and if he did then he definitely did not talk about it/cared for it at all.

Also he definitely did not have to endure years of indoctrination through an extensive education system designed to create wageslave worker drones. He definitely did not have to go into debt for a degree that is required for any good paying jobs. He definitely did not have to apply to hundreds of jobs only to hear back from one and still get rejected. He definitely did not have a boss paying him with just enough for the rent and survive and not end up destitute. He definitely did not have to worry about retirement because people didn’t even live til retirement age during his era. I’m just saying if Jesus was just a regular guy living in today’s dystopian world, this is what he’ll endure and I’d bet that he would hate it also.

2. Leanmaxxing

Leanmaxxing Fapstronaut

Yes, life is overwhelming more pain than pleasure and I stand by that. I’m not trying to play victim because I ain’t playing at all. The feeling is completely genuine. I use to think it was me and that it was my fault but I’ve come to realize that it isn’t my fault or anyone’s fault that life sucks. It just is this way… I’ve come to the conclusion that it is better to accept that life sucks and find ways to adapt to it than to keep deluding yourself with distractions and meaningless copes so that you can be “happy”.

3. Joe1023

Joe1023 Fapstronaut

How do you know this is absolute FACT, and not just a belief? I'll just answer for you....YOU DON'T. Why are you stating things about Jesus as if you were there?!?!

Well I kinda doubt there were many institutions or people that could teach Jesus much of anything.

I'm sure you're probably right. Jesus had to get food on his own or ask for it. He never got a paycheck at all. He didn't have a laptop to tell the world about how much his life sucks.

No, His boss sent Him from Heaven to Earth with nothing to provide for Himself but the attitude to serve and willingness to dfo whatever His boss needed Him to do, with ZERO money in return.

No, there was no retirement. People had to get their own food, or work for the money to buy it, their whole lives. No unemployment insurance. No social security. NOTHING to help but friends and family.

Would it really be so much worse than it was back then? Or is this just you being upset because you're clearly not having a great time in life right now? (Which is completely understandable! We all go through stuff obviously!)

4. Joe1023

Joe1023 Fapstronaut

Okay, well you may feel like your life sucks, but mine is pretty awesome. I used to think my life sucked, but then I did a lot of hard work, which really helped me improve my situation, which made me see that I was the one who was sucking at life. All the choices I had made led me to where I was at, complaining that my life sucked. In therapy and with other people helping, I saw my mistakes and things I was doing to stay in such a bad place in life.

I don't know you at all, other than what you've posted here and what's on your profile page. So I'm clearly not saying that I know you and I know how you feel, what you've done, and what you should be doing by any means. But if I was a betting man, I'd say you're probably in a very similar boat right now as the one I was in when I was your age, 26. You may or may not be able to control any of the things you feel are so awful right now, but I'd bet a LOT that if you look hard enough and have the willpower to work hard to change it, you could really turn things around.

Warfman and Leanmaxxing like this.
  5. OP - Says something wrong and easily proven wrong.

Others - "Hey what you're saying is provably wrong, here is the truth."

OP- "No, I'm still right without any evidence."

And I thought atheists were the logical ones?

This isn't even about whether you believe in the Bible or not. What is being said about Jesus here is provably incorrect by any reasonable metric. I'm not even all that devout but people who incessantly moan about religious people are some of the most annoying on the face of the planet. Not to mention it's always people complaining about Christians, never any other religion. It's so transparent.

OP, politely, and with all due respect, take your head out of your ass and just accept that what you think you know about the Bible is wrong. Show some humility in the face of people who clearly know more about the topic than you. You sound like a whining teenager complaining about how much life sucks. Either do something about it or stop complaining. At the very least keep complaining and also do something about it lmao.

If that's harsh then good, you need to hear it. Joe is giving really good advice here and is being totally reasonable, yet you seem content to throw it back in his face because, let's face it, your position of learned helplessness is better for you than trying to change. If you don't know what "learned helplessness" means, look it up, because it describes you to a tee. I sincerely hope you can pull yourself out of this funk.

Joe1023 likes this.
  6. You're right, but I'm mainly referring to what came after Rome. Christianity is one of the main reasons so many things throughout history, good and bad, happened. In much the same way Islam facilitated the Middle East becoming a medieval power. It's easy for people to clutch pearls about methods but with religion as a driving force empires are formed and entire continents conquered.

7. Leanmaxxing

Leanmaxxing Fapstronaut

I’m not even an atheist and definitely did not bring religion into this thread. It was one of y’all who started talking about “Jesus is the only meaning in life and that we should all follow him.”

Which then another guy disagreed which started this whole mess. I only threw in “at least Jesus wasn’t a wageslave” to troll and lighten the mood of the thread because I hate religious debates that never goes anywhere. However, that backfired and caused even more offense to y’all apparently.

And why was what I’m saying wrong and you’re right? What makes you have all the facts and truths? I thought religion was something you have to believe in and have faith? What makes the Muslims wrong and the Christians right? Or any other religion? I don’t wanna start that debate but it’s an example of there being no right or wrong in what you believe in and dependent on how the individual was raised/taught and see the world from their own perspective. And maybe those atheist who always bash on Christianity rather than another religion is the fact that Jesus was brought into debate rather than Muhammed?

You don’t have to “believe” in facts as they are based on reality and can be proven versus religious/philosophical topics that are based on the individual’s perspective and personal beliefs.

I believe that Joe had good intentions and helpful advice but he fail to realize that there are people who doesn’t care about Jesus or religion and tries to fight the atheist comments which always turns into a pointless religious debate. It’s always someone bringing in religion into a topic then can’t accept it/get offended when someone with a different perspective chime in and they feel like they HAVE to “disprove” them which causes all the drama in these threads.

I do agree with Joe’s latest post about the ability of changing life around though. Gave him a like on that one.

Last edited: Nov 8, 2023
    Joe1023 likes this.
  8. If you're self-admittedly trolling then a lot of what I said doesn't matter anymore. But just to be clear, when I say you're wrong, I don't mean with regards to believing in Jesus, I mean with your understanding of them as a person. But if you're trolling I guess you got the reaction you wanted? Not sure what you expected.

I'd also like to point out, and I know it wasn't you doing this but the other guy, but there were a lot of instances of Joe saying something and then him getting replies that had nothing to do with what Joe actually said. Like when onceagain went on a tirade about "Christians not believing other people can be good" even though I'm pretty sure Joe never said that. It's very annoying to me to see people willfully misunderstand what's being said when it's right in front of their eyes. It's disingenuous and scummy.

Difference is Joe was being reasonably polite. The responses to him were not. By your own admission you were trolling.

9. Joe1023

Joe1023 Fapstronaut

Okay, here we go....

Okay, so if someone says something about Jesus, good or bad, that you disagree with, you can easily just ignore it, ask them to not post religious/spiritual stuff on your thread, or politely disagree. But to say "Lol you really think the son of god is a wagie. Carpentry was probably just his side hobby." that, at least to me, feels like more than fun trolling. It sounds like a jab at anyone who doesn't believe exactly what you believe. If that's not what you meant, then I apologize.

I'm not saying that I'm right and you're wrong. I'm saying that you sound like someone who is presenting their comments as irrefutable facts as someone who personally knew Jesus, rather than someone who just has an opinion about how things probably were back then.

Great question! That is exactly where faith comes into play. That COEXIST sticker I see around seems like a bit of an oxymoron since no belief system seems to be able to believe that theirs, along with all others, can get them to an eternal paradise after this life. But to me, to disagree with the beliefs of another religion has literally NEVER meant that its okay to attack those believers, regardless of specific beliefs.

Yeah, it seems to me that if you truly didn't want to start this debate, you wouldn't have kept commenting on this, and particularly wouldn't have started trolling when Jesus was brought up here in the first place.

So exactly what facts are you referring to here that people apparently aren't believing in? Be specific!

You couldn't be more wrong in saying that I don't recognize that there are people who don't care about Jesus. I have absolutely no clue why you would even say that. When in this thread did I ever fight anyone? You have now resorted to imposing actions and words on me that I never had anything to do with just to help your own argument against me. I haven't fought anyone here, nor did I say or believe that some people just don't care about any religion. Why are you being so projectile with your hate and intolerance?

Yes, someone brought Jesus into this, and you could have ignored it, or asked him to not do that. Instead, you chose to troll him, and all the rest of us who agree. So who's really the one who can't accept different perspectives? Seems like a pretty selfish way to play the victim to me.

And if someone is proven wrong, the drama usually ensues from the one who spewed the lies, not the one who brought truth. Kinda seems reminiscent of Jesus, wouldn't you say? I just hope no one is planning to crucify me for telling a truth that others refuse to believe.

I thank you for that, and I actually like your post about liking mine, lol! It seems like many of us are getting pretty worked up about religion and specific beliefs when we should be here to help each other fight this disgusting addiction. Again, I would like to apologize if I've misunderstood or offended you here. That has never been my intention. I guess a weakness of mine is that I get a bit heated when I feel somone is hating on or lying about Jesus, which I shouldn't do. He's a big boy and can take care of Himself without my help, lol.

10. What's really dumb about all this is it was bravelykegger who explicitly mentioned Christianity first, and he was completely polite. It was then onceagain who responded in a snarky way. So to my eyes all the religious guys in here are doing is defending themselves from people misrepresenting their faith, and what they are saying.

So really what has happened in the thread is this:

OP: Makes thread.

Religious user: Make polite, wholly inoffensive religious response in an attempt to help.

Non-religious user: Make snarky response and then proceed to gaslight the religious users when they respond by saying they were the ones who "started it" even though he was the one to be snarky first for no reason. Then proceeds to blatantly make stuff up about what the religious users said.

OP: Throws gasoline on the whole situation by deciding to troll, then acts surprised when people take what he's saying seriously.

Last edited: Nov 8, 2023
    Joe1023 likes this.
  11. Joe1023

Joe1023 Fapstronaut

Well put, sir. This seems like a pretty accurate generalization of this thread since Jesus was brought up.

12. LostSon41

LostSon41 Fapstronaut

Maybe life was like this in the past…but right now we have the choice to break out of the system, a choice that slaves, victims of persecution, peasants, and a majority of society didn’t have for thousands of years. Despite the look of the world, we’re actually in a pretty decent spot!

13. Like I said, I'm not really even all that devout. It just really really annoys me, a lot more than it probably should, when people make posts on here and blatantly lie about what others are saying when anyone can go back and read what's been said at any time.

Joe1023 likes this.
  14. Leanmaxxing

Leanmaxxing Fapstronaut

Fair synopsis, I just got back from my 9 to 5 wageslave job and reading this… Well, I guess I should’ve mention that I was trolling but that kind of defeats the purpose…

Anyways, this is probably the wrong forum to troll. I’m more used to forums full of teens and young adults and they seem to take offense well and even counter troll. I still stand by my original post though, I wasn’t joking about that… a lot of young people (gen z) feel this way… the doomer generation.

15. Joe1023

Joe1023 Fapstronaut

Fair enough. I hope it passes for you soon and that you come to see worth, value, joy, and love in life.

16. nellywilk

nellywilk Fapstronaut

I think it is all about choices you make. If you want your life to be a struggle - it is going to be that way. If you wake up in the morning and tell to yourself it is going to be a nice day and put some efforts in that - there is a huge chance you gonna have a great day. I was in a such a bad mood yesterday because of all the papers i need to write and this morning i accidentally found how to write synthesis essay https://academized.com/blog/how-to-write-a-synthesis-essay which kinda solves that issue completely. All i had to o is to think about the possible solution hard enough and universe gave me feedback right away.

Last edited: Nov 22, 2023
  17. Again, you keep making this statement that you're oppressed by being a wage slave, yet in other threads you talk about how you save tons of money so you can leave jobs whenever you want to and not work for extended pierids of time. If you were an actual wage slave, that would be impossible. What it really sounds like is you're bored and you have no other thing to do in life than come to a forum and create shit posts to pass the time.

18. Onceagain2.0

Onceagain2.0 Fapstronaut

i don't know odin coulda got us there and maybe on better terms