I feel lonely as hell and it drives me crazy

Discussion in 'Loneliness' started by Sam78, Sep 12, 2023.

1. ZenYogi

ZenYogi Fapstronaut

Humans are social creatures, this means we need at least one emotional connection .

that’s generally true but not always so. Most importantly you gotta work on yourself then you gotta work on making friends.

I’ve been lonely as hell suicidally depressed for decades and come out the other side. I’m doing good. I have a good partner and budding friendships. I go to meetups and then make smaller group or individual hangs. I push myself to keep hanging with people who seem chill. That’s about it.

I do have a relationship with a higher power and I do positive affirmations for self esteem. Super helpful as other posters said

good luck and don’t give up. Keep trying and you will make it!

see a therapist
    Be nice to yourself and them
    And try to work through issues

Sam78, fusion47 and GeeJ like this.
  2. Good job on two weeks hard mode, my friend!

Keep it going!

Sam78 likes this.
  3. Sam78

Sam78 Fapstronaut
    NoFap Defender

Thanks for the advice and for sharing your experience. Glad you're arrived at a healthier position. Your words give me some hope and courage!

ZenYogi likes this.
  4. It's comforting to understand I'm not the only one in this specific range of things. About to be 31 and I've never felt a real connection, or any damn connection for that matter. I say I'm getting by so many times and feel like a gruzzled old 45 year old, if that makes sense?

Sam78 likes this.