How to deal with touch starvation

Discussion in 'Loneliness' started by fusion47, Oct 28, 2023.

1. oceanicintimacy

oceanicintimacy Fapstronaut

Women are not objects to "acquire" to get your touch and sex needs met, guys.

However, there are some great, healthy suggestions in this thread:
    • Join a martial arts or wrestling class. There's lots of touch, wrestling, sparring, assisted stretching, etc.
    • Join a dance class. People may be more open to hugging, cuddling, friendly touch.
    • Non-sexual, platonic touch exists between friends! I didn't know this growing up but it's normal in most of the world. Get over any homophobia, projections, and stereotypes that hold you back from kindness expressed through safe, physical touch.
    • Get a pet. Cats and dogs are great snuggle buddies!
    • Get a big pillow to hug and cuddle when you sleep. Feel the weight of it on your chest. I use this technique in the trauma healing work that I do with my clients. It's a simple and effective way to regulate the nervous system.
    • "Are you open for a hug?" is a great question to ask a friend or new acquaintance. Don't be attached to a yes or a no. It doesn't hurt to ask.
    • There are professional cuddlers that you can pay to hold you.
    • In my part of the world, hugging and platonic cuddling is very common between friends. In my friend group, we are often holding each other in one way or another because we are educated on how important touch is for physical and emotional health.
    • ... I could go on...
    Do not minimize your needs for touch! Not everyone has the same level of touch needs, either. You may have more needs for safe, friendly, non-sexual touch than others and that's okay! Embrace it as one of your gifts. The right woman and right friends will love that about you as one of your best qualities!