What am I supposed to say in this situation?

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by Deleted Account, Jan 5, 2024.

1. Just got a message from my female friend and she explained to me that she feels lonely and depressed because she recently broke up... I genuinely do not know what to say next, like generally if one of my male friends come to me withthe same issue, I would not comfort them, instead tell them head to the gym or something or if the breakup has happened quiet a while ago I would tell him "it is what it is" and to apply stoicism and keep moving forward in life.
    I know for a fact that this type of response won't work with a female, what should I say? What could she be expecting? Consolation? Real talk? Idk man, help would be appreciated.

2. Let her cry on your shoulder and cheer her up with a walk, hot chocolate or whatever she likes to do. Give her the same attention what you would need or require in this situation if it were you who’d broke up - but more gently.

SirQwerty and Alrick Elden like this.
  3. Tell her it is what it is and to go to the gym.

EmperorLaStrang and Alrick Elden like this.
  4. GrittyRunning

GrittyRunning Fapstronaut

She’s literally seeking you out for comfort bro. This isn’t Rocket Science, do you really need a PhD dissertation on this?

Alrick Elden likes this.
  5. ColonelMustard90

ColonelMustard90 Fapstronaut

It means shes on the rebound

6. Yeah, that would work for sure.
    Thanks for the help!

7. XD I just needed a confirmation from other people who have experience in such interactions with females. I've only ever talked about sad stuff with them bros, so didn't really know if comfort was the right answer(was 70% sure tho, now I'm 100% sure).

GrittyRunning likes this.
  8. I am not the guy to approach if she's on a rebound and she knows that

9. GrittyRunning

GrittyRunning Fapstronaut

Is it because you’re not that into her?

10. Yeah, I'm not into anyone else but that oneitis girl

GrittyRunning likes this.
  11. EmperorLaStrang

EmperorLaStrang Fapstronaut

Brother get over the oneitis girl. She doesn't love you and never will.

Idk what this chick looks like or how she is, but it seems fate is literally throwing this bone to you.

Pick it up

12. onceaking

onceaking Fapstronaut

Then why is she seeking comfort from you? Are you close friends or something?

Alrick Elden likes this.
  13. Yeah

14. Facts, I have started to distance her and maybe I'll cut all contact with her in some time, that should help, right?

15. EmperorLaStrang

EmperorLaStrang Fapstronaut

Yes.

Don't give her any attention. That's the best way to get over her.

Focus on this chick reaching out to you. She's literally choosing you.

16. Yeah, but I don't think she is choosing me in that sense...