Went to my first ever speed dating event today

Discussion in 'Loneliness' started by TheLoneWolf88, Apr 27, 2024.

1. onceaking

onceaking Fapstronaut

I think I understand you. I find the idea of having causal sex with random girls rather gross. I don't want to have sex with someone I barely know.

Why not be friends with her?

2. TheLoneWolf88

TheLoneWolf88 Fapstronaut

And they make it sound so easy. In my head, that couldn't be further from the truth

3. nomo

nomo Fapstronaut

Fortunately I don't have many regrets, and certainly enjoying my time as a single desirable male is not something I regret. The women I dated were into it, they didn't want to be exclusive at first, and we agreed that being a friend with benefits was what we wanted. They were great women, but they were not what I was looking for in a long-term relationship.
    My advise to @TheLoneWolf88 was meant to make him feel better since he felt bad about giving up. What worked for me was when I stopped trying so hard to make women want me, and switched my focus to caring less about how women perceived me and concentrated on enjoying my life.

HealingBodyandMind likes this.
  4. DawidKC

DawidKC New Fapstronaut

5. abdulaleemk9

abdulaleemk9 Fapstronaut

You have had around 20 years to prepare for this, you should have enough experience by now. If you wasted too many of years, you should still atleast have 10 years of experience, you should put it to good use. I’m only a 20 year old, so I don’t understand how you could be in that situation at 35 years of age. Did you not go to college?

6. abdulaleemk9

abdulaleemk9 Fapstronaut

Even if you didn’t go to college, you would have come across many different people and many different women. I find it very hard to believe that you did not gain any experience from your conversations.

7. TheLoneWolf88

TheLoneWolf88 Fapstronaut

I went to community college, but stopped going. To keep it simple, I had been using dating apps as my only way to get dates. After my last date at 24, I had zero luck. Any woman who messaged me would message me would ghost me for no reason. I'm too scared to ask someone out in real life because I'm afraid I'll get nothing but 'no' responses

abdulaleemk9 likes this.
  8. abdulaleemk9

abdulaleemk9 Fapstronaut

I guess its your time to rise and shine then. Get out of your comfort zone and stay outside of your comfort zone. Go outside to whatever place you could enjoy. Maybe you find someone there, maybe you don’t. Understand that life is bigger than just females. I’m pretty sure there must be something you enjoy doing, something you’re good at. Like sports. Maybe you should go to gym. You can afford it probably.