Weighted Vests?

Discussion in 'Fitness' started by AModernMiroku, Dec 23, 2023.

Would you recommend purchasing a weighted vest?

1. Yes.

2. No.

3. Indifferent.

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. AModernMiroku

AModernMiroku Fapstronaut

So, weighted vests seem to have been trending for all sorts of athletes.

I was considering buying one for a handful of reasons. In short: it seems that you can really push the workouts that one is already competent at, & it also seems that basic routines (for example, long walks) can have a difficulty applied to them. It seems altogether simple & efficient.

I was wondering though...does anyone here use them. If so, what have been your experience with them? Is it worth the purchase?

2. OrthogonalToast

OrthogonalToast Fapstronaut

Never tried using a weighted vest, but I have a weighted backpack (i.e. a backpacking backpack that I put weights in). I quite like it and if you already have the equipment it's pretty cheap.

3. AModernMiroku

I can be fine if this post dies.

But...did anyone else have opinions?

I figured with all the workout-types on NoFap (which I certainly enjoy learning from...& obviously am attempting to do so now!), there would be at least a few useful opinions here.

@OrthogonalToast : I thought about something like that--but the vest seems better insofar as the weight is evenly distributed across the body (& generally strapped so as not to move/streamlined). Additionally, it can be used with great ease across diverse workouts (lifting, running, etc.), whereas I imagine that using a backpack for some workouts might be rough/difficult/not smart.

4. Magic Bullets

Magic Bullets Fapstronaut

Use them in conjunction with a good bodyweight training workout like Iron Wolf, who has a number of challenging burpees workouts which involve using weight vests.

5. Magic Bullets

6. AModernMiroku

@Magic Bullets : But do you use one? Do you think that they are worth the price? If you have one: what sort of suggestions of brand, etc. do you have?

7. Magic Bullets

I do, probably do that workout sometime. If you are thinking of getting a 20 kg one you will be looking at close to $200 Aussie. If you are into home training and really want to up the anti, I would say go for it. The one in this video is about the size of the one I use, which won't break the back it is about 10 kg or thereabouts.

AModernMiroku likes this.
  8. born3

born3 Fapstronaut

I have one from years ago. It is reebok. I got that particular one because it is really comfortable and you can roll around in it and move easily as its not bulky. I was using it to for marital arts conditioning. A lot of the ones you see are much more bulky. The rebook one is also great for wearing outside walking and training as it goes under a jacket easily and is fairly unnoticeable, I have seen people wearing ones that look like body armor with grenades strapped on.

Is it worth it? if you will use it a lot yes and like body weight training. I just had a quick look online and it seems that the rebook one is unavailable in few places. I am sure you could find it somewhere. There are other non bulky alternatives out there.

Last edited: Jan 16, 2024
  9. UlyssesResists

UlyssesResists Fapstronaut

I have a cheap, bulky 20 pound vest with sand pouches. I don't remember how much it was, maybe $40. I don't use it often, but I've started to run with it once or twice a month. Yesterday I ran 3 miles with it, couldn't wait for it to end, then after I took it off and took a drink, I was ready to run 4 miles without it and soak in the sun. Maybe that's the higher T nofap helping me out, but I wasn't expecting the extra boost from it. It does work out my abs, back, and shoulders while running.

10. AModernMiroku

There is one that I am looking at. It seems good, & I might be able to get a discount.

It does not sound as sleek as @born3 's...but it does sound a little better than @UlyssesResists 's.

I will consider it all a bit more. I think I would use it regularly enough! And it might help in the future--when I might not have time to work out at all! (Carrying a weight while doing practical things is better than nothing!...)

born3 likes this.