Unemployed looking for ways to make money

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by Daggertail19, Nov 15, 2023.

1. Daggertail19

Daggertail19 Fapstronaut

Got laid off a few weeks back. I worked in public accounting, and I hated it. I was upset about it initially, but I am glad it happened now.

I'm hoping I can get some people to reply to this with the ways they make money. Both entrepreneurial and 9-5 work.

What I really want to do is work at a gym, maybe work my way up to being a personal trainer. But getting unemployment for a little bit sounds good too.

Anyways, let's see what you guys got.

2. Leanmaxxing

Leanmaxxing Fapstronaut

I quit my job working for a large general contractor firm in March. Was unemployed until mid July and now currently working for a smaller GC with a way better work life balance. Only started applying for jobs in May cause I was running out of money.

Being unemployed feels great initially. You get to do whatever you want whenever you want. You realize that you were wasting so much time at work all for that green paper. You will be relieved of a huge amount of stress and feel awesome.
    Then as the days become weeks and weeks become months. You realize you’ve developed a lot of bad habits during this time such as drinking more, abusing drugs, eating poorly, sleeping poorly, fapping more etc. Then one day you check your bank account and go into shock at how much you were spending. You start doing math and see how much longer you can keep this up before having to make money again. Then you start sending out resumes like crazy and running thru job interviews until you land one.

I’ve now been at my new job since July and only started the momentum in building back my savings again. Still hate having to go to work every morning and counting the days til the weekends. I missed being unemployed tbh. Being unemployed was awesome but the problem was losing money. Why is money everything in this damn life? I wish I didn’t need it but I do.

Daggertail19 likes this.
  3. EmperorLaStrang

EmperorLaStrang Fapstronaut

Sell drugs. Steal cars. Steal from cars. All pretty noble endeavors.

Daggertail19 likes this.
  4. There are various websites that give small amounts of money to complete surveys. It's not a lot but it adds up. You can also sell things you own that don't want anymore online, for example on Facebook marketplace.

As for a proper job, well I don't know. What do you like to do? What could you imagine yourself doing?

5. Daggertail19

Daggertail19 Fapstronaut

Ah yes, real, honest work.

I have thought about this for a long time and could never come up with an answer. Only recently have I realized that I am happiest and most motivated when I workout at the gym. I have also been an "online" physical trainer for my younger brother who is trying to lose wait. So far he has lost about 7 lbs since starting my meal and workout plan. Knowing how happy that made him gave me a lot of joy. Shit I felt like I lost the weight.

So, I have been thinking I find a way to monetize that. Maybe get NASM certified and start by working at a gym? I could also start putting myself out there on bodybuilding websites to get some clients since I have all this time now.

Josh14 likes this.