Take the Skyrim pill

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by UnholyConfessor, Nov 18, 2023.

1. I've been bored out of my mind the last few weeks and was browsing the PS4 Black Friday sale when I saw it, emerging from the darkness between the trees like Gandalf the White. My saviour, my beloved.

[​IMG]

It's been 12 years and I think Skyrim is the last genuinely good game Bethesda have put out. Fallout 4 is decent enough but a lot of the additions are bad, like the base building, and the story sucks. Bethesda absolutely destroyed the lore of Fallout with that game. It's basically an open world shooter as well, barely an RPG at all. The less said about Fallout 76 the better.

Starfield on the other hand is seemingly bad. A loading screen simulator. I didn't play it (Thanks Phil Spencer) but with it being as bad as it is maybe it's a good thing I can't. So thanks again Phil Spencer I guess?

Anyway, after spending all afternoon yesterday downloading the game on PS4 (yep my internet sucks) I'm ready to start my comfy Skyrim playthrough this afternoon. While this thread was a bit of a joke, I also seriously think the game can be a good PMO deterrent. When I'm done with my productive tasks for the day, I can settle down and relax with it instead of letting my boredom push me to act out. I'm looking forward to it. Just need to think what race to start with...

I suppose what I'm saying is, Todd Howard got me again.

[​IMG]

RETVRN TO TRADITION. REJECT STARFIELD. TAKE THE SKYRIM PILL!

fusion47 and En?gmatic like this.
  2. En?gmatic

En?gmatic Fapstronaut

I already bought Skyrim three times. Yo aren’t going to stop me from buy it again. Lord Todd command, I execute.

-

I will never pay for something like starfield, a ugly no man sky that pretend to be better while in fact is 1000 times worse. People complained fallout 4 because you couldn’t destroy every faction or spare every faction. Well Todd oversenplified it: You can join every faction and no one cares, you can’t destroy others for galactic supremacy so your choices dord bot matter.

The world building is shit, you have this planet with the main capital city and…nothing, no one exit from the city to found other small settlements arround. But it seem that human colonize every single one of these 1000 planets by creating abandoned mines and abandoned cryolabs. No minor settlements, only predictable repeatable prefabricated buildings without lore in it.

People that bought it are part of the Bethesda problem, it was obvious since the begin that the game would have been a scamfield.

3. EmperorLaStrang

EmperorLaStrang Fapstronaut

Skyrim is pretty good and I've been playing it a lot (heavily modded, because even though its been re-released more than twice. It still needs to be modded in order to comfortably playable).

I do prefer Fallout NV to it and I wish that game had the same internal support that skyrim did, because if it did it would be a vastly superior game.

En?gmatic likes this.
  4. There's a hilarious part in Starfield where a character threatens to you kill but if you try to preemptively attack them, they are unkillable. Sums up what's wrong with the game. Bethesda doubled down on all the flaws of Skyrim and Fallout 4 while carrying over a lot less of what was good about those games. Skyrim in particular is extremely cozy. The music and the general ambience is amazing and Starfield has none of that, it's just completely barren. It won't surprise you to know the composer for TES isn't working with Bethesda anymore, they dropped him after misconduct allegations that were never proven to be true and let's face it, probably aren't.

En?gmatic likes this.
  5. I still like the game vanilla. That's the run I'm currently doing, with the exception of the Creation Club stuff that came with the PS4 version. Mods disable PS4 trophies so if I'm going to mod, I'll do it in a separate character.

New Vegas on the other hand I needed to mod to even get it to boot up on my PC. I do prefer it to Skyrim though.

En?gmatic likes this.
  6. My Nord battlemage run is underway. Playing this game again after so many years is like sinking into a warm bath. That ambient music though...

[​IMG]