1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Rate the last series you watched

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by u376, Jul 17, 2020.

1. One Eyed Owl

One Eyed Owl Distinguished Fapstronaut

The Boys Season 1 10/10

I am a pretty critic of Super hero, mostly because of how bland they have become (with some expectations). So I wasn't really looking forward to watching this and boy was I wrong. The characters, the world, and the story really captivating to watch. Now I am big anime fan, there have been two shows that deal with the idea of a corrupted hero system, but they have never explored it all too much. The Boys, on the other hand, really explored it very well. I think that Homeland might be the most complex character that I have seen in superhero movies. I just hope that the second season will be just as good.

u376 likes this.
  2. One Eyed Owl

Stranger Things Season 3 3/10

Well it is better then season 2 but that is not really saying much. I liked some of the character arcs and how beautiful the show looks, but that is pretty much it. I really hate how idiotic some of characters get throughout the show. Especially Hopper, I thought that he was a pretty good character in the last two seasons. However in this season he just so very dumb that it really boggles the mind. I liked Hopper sacrificing himself, that was kind of nice.

Last edited: Oct 20, 2022
    u376 likes this.
  3. Omg right? I have no idea what the heck the writers did with his character in season 3. It was so weird. He was just a total baby the entire season.

Season four is much better, in my opinion :)

One Eyed Owl likes this.
  4. One Eyed Owl

Yeah it was so frustrating to watching him in season 3.
    I hear good things about Season 4, I will definitely watch it at some point.

TakingTheSteps likes this.
  5. One Eyed Owl

Angel Season 1 7/10

As someone who liked Buffy The Vampire Slayer, I enjoyed its sister series so far. It is just pretty much enjoy it for the characters from Buffy. Though I think Angel, as the main character, was a bit lacking. I think the only thing that I haven't really enjoyed about the series was the new characters. Most of them weren't the greatest characters that I have seen.

Meshuga likes this.
  6. One Eyed Owl

Finished with multiple series:

Detention 5/10

An adaption of Red Game's game of the same name, it was not very good. Everything that I liked about the game was not used at all and instead adds pretty boring new characters.

The Promised Neverland S2 5/10

First season was really great but man the second season really was not great.

Hell Girl S2 5/10

Was just as uninteresting as the first season

Junji Ito's Collection 4/10

One of the most frustrating adaptations of an manga that I have seen.

7. Killyourlust

Killyourlust Fapstronaut

Bruh that does not even deserve 5 . Manga is way better , in the anime they have skipped many arcs lol .

One Eyed Owl likes this.
  8. House of the Dragon 10/10.

9. Varangian Guardsman

Varangian Guardsman Fapstronaut

House of Dragon 8/10
    Rings of Power -10/10

10. Rhythym

Rhythym Fapstronaut

Samurai Champloo: 8.5/10

Fun and energetic series with characters that feel just out of the norm. The story doesn't really take itself incredibly seriously with how fast paced it goes through the story, but it is fun to see small character developments that show themselves throught the show.

The ending is actually perfect, in my opinion.

Mr. Monk likes this.
  11. I liked the ending and rest of the series really good Animation.. Just the two before it just lost me completely. But I admit the baseball was funny.

12. Currently watching Classroom Of The Elite Season 1 and I'd give it a 7/10

Really good episodes so far, perfect animation, character's are have their own personalities which I like and are given spot light. Some I have seen in the past only go about two character's that are friends with the main deep. This takes one the whole class, instead of leaving classmates dry. Only thing that is annoying me is that it's too serious, usually High School Animes have some form of comedy in them some how, relationships are taking time but are growing.

13. breaking-myths

breaking-myths Fapstronaut

I watched it too sometime ago , and I really liked its style of story telling .

I recently watched the first season of the Tokyo Ghoul and I would it give it a 7.5/10.
    Actually it was my first anime which had a dark shade , you get literally chills while watching the final episode .Its so intense and you could get really hooked up and mainly because of it element of shock. And also its not everyone's cup of tea and it is might not be something everyone would find great.

Currently watching Slam dunk and its one of the most humorous animes , I have seen in recent times :emoji_smile:.

u376 and (deleted member) like this.
  14. Meshuga

Meshuga Fapstronaut

Blockbuster. 6/10, I guess? Not the worst. Comedy is a hard one for me. I definitely lol’d for some of the first few episodes, but the arcs devolved into classic romance and that’s meh.

15. I’ve seen a few episodes of Ghoul and it’s nuts, I’m curious how not normal Koji really is, but the second season is draggging..

16. One Eyed Owl

Dr. Stone: Stone Wars 8/10

I am continually impressed with Dr. Stone. It still is doing much of the stuff that the first season did, while expanding on some of the characters. I think the most we got was Chrome. I didn't think we would get much from him but I was wrong there. I think the only thing I am a bit worried is what the show would be like with no enemies. Tsukasa was an interesting villain, but his defeat was but overwhelming.

17. Ūruz

Ūruz Fapstronaut

[​IMG]
    Moon Knight (Season 1 – 2022)
    Not a fan of comics, cos never read them, so did not had any bloated expectations; I think Disney nailed this one. I haven't enjoyed a superhero show as much since Netflix ones.
    The reveal at the end felt stupid though.
    The third personality I mean. I can easily see this becoming overused in next seasons and now we have four, five, six, seven and 10 by the 10th season—dumb!
    Was this the same in comics? If it was, doesn't make it any less stupid. But maybe it was revealed more skillfully, I don't know.
    I like that in the last scene in limo Khonshu is wearing a modern suit, maybe he picked it up from Steven and decided to wear it cos it matches the limo? Haha!

I am still not sure whether any of this shit was even real, or an actual mental hospital was real. We are kind of made to think that it was not the case, but who knows? Maybe the guy is just a massive shiziphreniac? Could be a reveal at season 2? Would be kind of of cool.
    Imagine them making a whole TV show, of multiple seasons, where at the end it's revealed that nothing that happened even happened and he's just a hallucinating crazy person hahahahaha.

I rate the show: :)

Last edited: Nov 29, 2022
  18. onceaking

onceaking Fapstronaut

Malpractice Series 1
    10/10

I tend to find medical dramas rather boring but this was excellent. It's presented as a medical conspiracy thriller and to a certain extent it is but at the heart of it, the story is about someone coming to terms with their addiction. It was a reminder it's very easy to judge someone when you see them acting cruelly but you don't know what they're going through until you get to know them. It also does a good job of showing how tough it can be to be an NHS doctor.

Last edited: May 5, 2023
  19. SquidCook

SquidCook Fapstronaut

The Last of Us (2023) - 10/10

This series is pretty much the best video game adaptation ever. I love how they managed to stick true to the story while also expanding it and providing answers to questions that were not answered in the original game. Heck, even my mom who doesn’t care about video games and has never played the original game loved the series. I can’t wait for the second season!

20. Brain-Police

Brain-Police Fapstronaut

The Sopranos: S1 & 2 (10/10)

So far, a fantastic series that goes deep into the psychology and sociology of the characters of why and how they do things. It goes deep and talks about subjects about the mafia that i wouldn't have thought of.
    It also takes many twists and turns i never expect.
    I am on S3, brilliant so far

u376 likes this.