Rate the last movie you watched v. 1

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by Deleted Account, Jan 7, 2018.

1. Dying Light

Dying Light Fapstronaut

Singin' in the Rain (1952)
    Genre: Musical/comedy

I almost never watch musical Hollywood movies. This one was a first experience for me. It was ok for me.
    PR: 6/10

Lou Bloom and ✘ ✘ like this.
  2. Dying Light

Dying Light Fapstronaut

After Hours (1985)

This is probably one of the best movies I have ever seen. Comedy and tragedy mixed. Dark comedy and story is very interesting.
    PR :10/10

Lou Bloom likes this.
  3. Dying Light

Dying Light Fapstronaut

Sabrina ( 1954)

Older movies have their own Charms Audrey Hepburn is the most beautiful actress of Hollywood.
    PR : 8/10

Lou Bloom likes this.
  4. onceaking

onceaking Fapstronaut

I didn't bother with it.

Mark Kermode hated it. Said watching it was like being yelled at for 3 hours.

Lou Bloom likes this.
  5. Khufu

Khufu Fapstronaut

My Journal
    I liked it because it was the start of cinema starting from when it first crawled up to a running pace if u enjoy history of major things,but if u looking for action movie with story line this is not it

Lou Bloom likes this.
  6. AbelHimself

AbelHimself Fapstronaut

Haven't watched it yet, but I definitely will, and I already love it: Society of the Snow.

Lou Bloom and {Ananta} like this.
  7. onceaking

onceaking Fapstronaut

But surely Singing in the Rain is better?

8. Khufu

Khufu Fapstronaut

My Journal
    I have not watched that one ,who plays in it ?

Lou Bloom likes this.
  9. onceaking

onceaking Fapstronaut

Gene Kelly, Donald O'Connor and Debbie Reynolds.

10. AbelHimself

AbelHimself Fapstronaut

I finally watched it today. I give it 8/10.

*Minor spoilers, although it happened 52 years ago!*

It is a very inspiring film! Those young men could have just given up; I mean, they had every reason to do so, but with just their pure willingness to survive, they managed to stay alive for 71 days in one of the most inhospitable environments while being proactive in their rescue. And most of us cannot even go for 90 days without touching our peepees.

Lou Bloom and Mr. Cooler like this.
  11. onceaking

onceaking Fapstronaut

Emily
    9/10

As an aspiring novelist, I tend to enjoy films about writers and for the most I liked this one. The only thing I didn't like was the scene with nudity in it because it was so pointless and we could have done without it. The film isn't a literal retelling of Emily Brontë's life since there are things added and played around with, but watching it made me want to find out more about her life.

12. Sarah-Walker

Sarah-Walker Fapstronaut

Inception (2010) 9/10

To be honest I thought it was going to be one of those types of films, and normally it’s not something I would have been into.

Everything from the plot, to the acting, the well constructed set pieces, cinematography, CGI, and absolutely fantastic music score, really blended together nicely. If people haven’t seen it I won’t spoil it, but it was an experience even the second time around, and it’s nice (even though it’s 60/70% action) to have a film that actually makes you think.

Definitely opt for the 4K version if you have a setup for it, because it really shines on HDR.

it’s definitely up there along my favourite films like:

Eternal Sunshine
    28 Days later
    Titanic (only the 4K)
    The Matrix
    LoTR Trilogy
    Nightcrawler (2014)

InnerMan, Lou Bloom and Mr. Cooler like this.
  13. Dying Light

Dying Light Fapstronaut

Yes, it's a good movie.

Lou Bloom and Sarah-Walker like this.
  14. Dying Light

Dying Light Fapstronaut

The Menu (2022)

It's an interesting movie with an interesting concept. More of a dark comedy. The concept about all the food is very intriguing. There are horror elements present as well. Definitely one time worth watching. Specially the ending is very good.
    Rating : 9/10.

Lou Bloom, SethLCU and biggermack352 like this.
  15. biggermack352

biggermack352 Fapstronaut

The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers extended edition(2002)

The least good of the lotr movies but still a 9/10. Being the middle movie plagues it a little bit. Not as exciting as the beginning of the quest and not as exciting and fulfilling as the end of the quest. The extended version I think added more character development which I loved. A few scenes with Merry and Pippen, Sam and Frodo and gollum, and faramir boromir and denethor. I thought the acting and direction were amazing. Theoden (Bernard Hill) and gollum (Andy Serkis) stole the show for me. The battle scenes are exciting and great with helms deep and Saruman’s tower. Loved how much the orcs still look great to this day. I prefer the makeup work of the orcs in these movies to the cg orcs in the Hobbit movies. The cg in the movie holds up ok.

16. Dying Light

Dying Light Fapstronaut

Long Weekend (1978)

It's a horror and atmospheric movie. A couple goes to a holiday on a remote island in Australia to spend a weekend. After that disturbing things start to happen. The movie is slow but good.
    PR: 7/10

Lou Bloom likes this.
  17. Khufu

Khufu Fapstronaut

My Journal
    Reminds me of the movie titled "old" by m.night shyamalan, that movie altered my mind ,tripped me out , but it was a movie I needed to see otherwise I wouldn't havet known I have calcium deficiency I had no idea what my audio hallucinations were caused from other great movie by him is a knock at the cabin , both 5 stars star

18. Dying Light

Dying Light Fapstronaut

I have seen most of the movies of M shayamalan. The best ones are I think that stand out are The Sixth sense and Sign.

{Ananta} and Lou Bloom like this.
  19. Dying Light

Dying Light Fapstronaut

Born on the Fourth Of July (1989)

Not recommended. The whole movie is about a person who is a Vietnam War Veteran. His life tragedy with paralysis and pain. The director wanted show the adverse affects of Vietnam war. It's a good movie but not very entertaining.
    PR: 6/10

Lou Bloom likes this.
  20. Dying Light

Dying Light Fapstronaut

Backcountry (2014)

It’s another horror movie with a couple goes to spend time into the woods. They are attacked by the wilderness and lose their way.
    PR: 5/10

Lou Bloom and ingridguerci94 like this.