Prolonged fasting

Discussion in 'Abstinence, Retention, and Sexual Transmutation' started by Itsuki, Mar 31, 2024.

1. Itsuki

Itsuki Temporarily Suspended

Can you do this while you are working or should it be done in isolation?
    How do you not get super grumpy?
    Any tricks to mustering the courage to not eat?

2. Itsuki

funny how music makes you hungry, i love music

copy that on the electrolyte water

3. Itsuki

Why do you think music lowers energy? Isn't it supposed to increase energy? Like at parties and stuff?

Heypleasehelpme likes this.
  4. Itsuki

Makes perfect sense

5. Itsuki

Last night I had a most violating dream, a dream which I wish to permanently banish. Therefore today I am attempting a prolonged fast in hopes that I can starve into exile the demon that has long haunted me.

I have never prior fasted with such intentionality and so, I believe, in avoiding psychological terminology and in want a of more specific word, my soul responds in novel ways.

5 hours in, despite having relapsed countless times in the past week, I feel, in my disposition, a vague impression of the extreme virility which normally appears only after abstinence enduring two weeks and beyond. Also worth mentioning is an increase of perverted humor at the foremind. This may be a consequence of the dream, of me dwelling on the thought, or the fast itself, it is difficult to say.

I will say that the idea of starving myself every time I am tracassed by an abominable demonition fills me with hope. If my lack of faith, in its most pure, concentrated form, disallows me the instant freedom of such torments, then a physical testament of my faith should at minimum begin to approach the same outcomes.

The Pennsylvanian likes this.
  6. Itsuki

120!? Are you a monk?

Last edited: Apr 2, 2024
  7. Itsuki

Whats your story?

8. Itsuki

Yeah man

9. USER_ERROR

USER_ERROR Fapstronaut

But you are still walking.
    norris.gif

10. Ascended Ninja

Ascended Ninja Fapstronaut

Too much fasting can weaken the body which will make you hornier. Especially when you refeed. Better to do manageable periods regularly. But make it irregular becuase the body gets used to it. The famous everyday the same IF fasting regime all week long every week that is promoted by youtube algorythm and media is not the best by far. The body learns the schedule and gets used to to it. Fasting should be a slight shock to the body but not too long like many many days because that is damaging even if you ease into it slowly.

Fasting can be a tricky one...

11. Itsuki

I broke the fast. All I was thinking about was hunger then the second food hit my stomach I started thinking about sex again.

12. Itsuki

Nice. How are you feeling.

13. Be Inspired

Be Inspired Fapstronaut

I completed a 16 day water fast in 2017 at a medical facility under supervision. I also did a 7 day water fast on my own and many 3 day fasts on my own. Always water fasting, never dry fasting.

Energy levels decrease dramatically during fasting. Also my sex drive plummeted. During a fast is the only time I stop thinking about sex.

Unfortunately I would always binge on food after fasting and so I stopped doing it.

Heypleasehelpme and Itsuki like this.
  14. Itsuki

It seems like a good option for when you are having really strong urges that you feel trapped by. You can fast and give yourself breather and free your mind from perverted thoughts for a while. The urges come back strong after a fast apparently so you have to prepare yourself for that. I've had moments where I'm literally a like a lion in captivity running into the walls of his cage out of mating frustration, so a fast in these moments I think can be helpful.

What is the purpose of a water fast? Besides before surgery.

Did you get a euphoric feeling? I was seeing on some websites that people do. Also what is the vitamin d supposed to do?

15. Itsuki

Yes, I agree once you are in beast mode it is really hard to leave beast mode. But if you can hold out for another 24 hours than there is still hope that fasting can help with relief?

Yeah that's sort of how I felt, granted I only went for 24 hours. Not euphoric but clarity. I've also noticed a heightened sense of smell. Maybe its the weather getting warmer but I can smell people on the wind, and food too, fairly precisely.

Vitamin D3 is like sunlight right? I just find that to be completely religious that the sun vitamin can make you feel like that.

Last edited: Apr 3, 2024
  16. Itsuki

Earlier today I felt a twinge in my soul that I made some progress banishing my demons, in part because of the fasting. Whenever I got an urge I didn't like I always tried to sedate myself with overeating. Not to say that the realization itself (self medicating through gluttony is lacking) is the progress I feel, but that the power the demons once held over me is now diminished by happenings beyond my comprehension in kind with the fasting.

I'm not ignorant of the fact that this appears like a complete self fulfilling prophesy, but its not. My priest mentions different types fasting in his weekly letter fairly frequently and I think it is with this liturgy that this step in the right direction, that I can sense but do not understand, I have been blessed a change in character.

17. Itsuki

I'm on hour 24 of another fast. You could call this intermittent fasting, I suppose, because I did the same about a day ago. 24 hour periods aren't that prolonged. I've been drinking coffee which might count as cheating. The grocery store was giving out nutri-bars as freebies, got two of those, so I might eat those and not count it as breaking the fast.

18. Itsuki

Its a good thing that you get no pleasure from pmo, should be easier to resist. You relapse because you are lonely, we are meant to start families. Your psyche will stabilize when you get a good streak going. Trust me, if you read one of my recent posts, I was in so much pain, but with every day it gets easier.

19. Itsuki

never in my life reached 45 or 90 days, have you?

20. Heypleasehelpme

Heypleasehelpme Fapstronaut

Hi, brother, I've been reading your posts, I've also done water fasting for about 44 hours and the experience was magnificent I was so focused and confident along with my digestive system took a break after a while and my body temperature also went down but my heart started to race when I was during 40+ hours stage, (I was drinking tap water), and I look up on internet which says that there a face come name as growth stage where growth hormones start to produce, does it has anything bad to do with my bones or face structure ? I don't want to make my hands and legs grow again cause they are already enormous.

And one last thing last night I did relapse and day before I did 2 times, so I should do fasting now for 44 hours or later ?, I had consumed high nutrition diet last night.