Procrastination issues during studying sessions

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by Nabaski, Oct 29, 2018.

1. Nabaski

Nabaski Fapstronaut

I know it's almost midnight here but yeah, university. i keep opening other internet pages (not P-related) and therefore i waste a lot of time doing non-productive things. i've got my mindset right (getting ready for tests a week /more than a week before they happen), but i seem not to be able to focus at all. Any suggestions?

2. nef

nef Fapstronaut

it happens to me i learnt to work with timetable like study for 3 hours straight then play for 1 hour, but everything in disciplined scheduled way. hope it works

Deleted Account and Nabaski like this.
  3. I'vebeenlost

I'vebeenlost Fapstronaut

When I can't focus on studying I move to another location, such as another room of the house or a coffee shop. I find that when I have a change of scenery it helps with my focus.

Nabaski likes this.
  4. Nabaski

Nabaski Fapstronaut

Yeah, I've been using studying schedules for a while, but now I really got to use my computer to work.. so it's harder to keep focused

5. Nabaski

Nabaski Fapstronaut

Thanks, will try that out

6. I'm having the same struggle here... What makes things worse is that we only have one exam for the entire the semester right at the end of it. No homework, no quizzes, nothing throughout the semester. Imagine ending up pushing studying the whole bloody semester till the last week. Everytime I want to sit and study, I feel uncomfortable and overwhelmed by the amount I have to do (med school), and I end up on youtube and aimlessly browsing stupid shit. Last thing I tried was pomodoro study sessions, and they seem to do the trick, sort of. Thing is I do like one day or two of good work on schedule, then I go back to wasting time. Theoretically I find that knowing exactly the amount of studying you want to achieve in a day or something makes things easier. Don't stay vague on what you wanna do in a session. Also it would be a good idea to try and find out why you're procrastinating. Is it just lack of focus, or is there something deeper?

7. Nabaski

Nabaski Fapstronaut

I used to have a lack of focus in the past while I PMO'd a lot, but recently I feel I can focus more easily. Probably something deeper

8. kropo82

kropo82 Fapstronaut

Nabaski likes this.
  9. Nabaski

Nabaski Fapstronaut

Oh, I actually know this and had it sitting on my phone for a while in the past. Does it work for windows as well?

10. kropo82

kropo82 Fapstronaut

Yep, but only as a browser plugin. I have it on Chrome at work and I whitelist all the sites I need access to, anything else just gets blocked by a picture of my growing tree until the allotted time is up.

11. Nabaski

Nabaski Fapstronaut

Okay, thanks