1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Please give tips to wake up early

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by staystronbestrong, Mar 22, 2024.

1. Sturuggling to wake up so 5 am give tips.

Rainbow Warrior likes this.
  2. Like I want to wake up early and study.

3. Rainbow Warrior

Rainbow Warrior Temporarily Suspended

Sleep early Simple. Go to bed around 9pm

4. Rainbow Warrior

Rainbow Warrior Temporarily Suspended

I’m struggling too but I get up around 3-5am. I sleep around 8pm. But I fall back asleep I don’t stay awake

5. En?gmatic

En?gmatic Fapstronaut

I will be honest with you, since I’ve removed the phone allarm from my life it is better, I wake up every day at 7 am without it. The reason is that when I wake up I want to know which hour it is so I immediately wake up from bed and turn on the phone, and it’s always 7. Honestly the allarm does not works.

6. Prophet Harry

Prophet Harry Fapstronaut

Set alarm for the desired time and keep the phone across the room so that you can't snooze it easily... And don't take any nap during the day.

Do it for a week and tadaa, you will be able to wake up at your desired time.

staystronbestrong likes this.
  7. Some things which helped me were:
    • Going to bed early. (Sometimes I took sleep aids to make this happen).
    • If I woke up 1-2 hours earlier than I wanted then I would try to stay awake. Doing this helps me be tired earlier at night.
    • I put my phone/alarm across my room which forced me to get out of bed and move around.
    • After turning off my alarm I leave my room. Maybe make some coffee to help you wake up, if you don't have an issue with caffeine.

8. Tanks all of you guys will do from today

9. fredisthebes

fredisthebes Fapstronaut

Couple of tips - start with the time you wake up now (naturally) and go back half an hour every week (or couple of days) until you are waking up at your desired time. Its possible to jump straight to 5am but it is much easier to do it in baby steps.

Work on your evening routine. At the very least, aim for the same bedtime each day with no food or devices/screentime for an hour or two before sleep.

Do something you enjoy as soon as you wake up each morning (or after a short workout if you workout first thing). Listen to a couple of songs, read a chapter of a great book, fix yourself a drink just the way you like it. When you are lying in bed starting studying might not motivate uou to get out of bed, so you need something that does.

Good luck, let us know how it goes!

10. fredisthebes

fredisthebes Fapstronaut

P.s. this is a trick from Steve Pavlina (back when he was good).

Practice waking up with your alarm. During the daytime set your alarm for 10 mins and get (fully) into bed and as soon as the alarm goes off immediately sit up, stretch, put on your clothes, make your bed etc. Just like you want to be every morning. Practice a few times with the same alarm you use in the morning. Then you will do the same thing in the mornings even though you are fast asleep.

staystronbestrong likes this.
  11. Will do brother

12. yousuff

yousuff Fapstronaut

simple. Go to bed early.

Heypleasehelpme likes this.
  13. Heypleasehelpme

Heypleasehelpme Fapstronaut

Yeah, go early in bed and tell your mind to wake up early.

yousuff and staystronbestrong like this.
  14. Jrmz94

Jrmz94 Fapstronaut

For me if I want to wake up early I would have to sacrifice 1 day where I feel sleepy af

15. nellywilk

nellywilk Fapstronaut

Plan something excited for the morning, like a bike ride. That always motivates me to get up. I signed up myself for great course, after reading some The Doers Way reviews and now get up every morning before 6 o'clock. Even on a weekend i can't sleep long anymore.

Last edited: Apr 17, 2024
  16. I think stop using coffee, alcohol and sugars will be a great help for this.

Oh and of course cut out pmo completely as these demands a lot of sleep.

17. User 00474

User 00474 Fapstronaut

sleep early obviously
    no caffeine past 5pm
    make your sheets comfortable and good temperature
    No phone last 10 minutes of sleeping

18. Bastet

Bastet Fapstronaut

This is not a very good method, but once I woke up early when I did not fall into a deep sleep. That is, I slept for about 5 hours and then it was easier for me to wake up. Now, thanks to sports, I have developed a regime for myself, because you can't do sports and not sleep enough, I just couldn't stand it