Paranormal Phenomenon

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by Contentful T, Oct 16, 2018.

1. Contentful T

Contentful T Fapstronaut

Are you into ghost hunting? Paranormal encountering? Just a fan of such topics?

Please share your thoughts and experiences regarding paranormal phenomenon in here. I want to know what you think about this subject which we can also view as a supramundane topic.

If the supernatural is uncanny to you but you want to engage in mature, respectful discussion even though you have no experience with paranormal encounters you are welcome to chat.

If you are here to label and name-call please don't. However knowing some people in active addiction don't adhere to the rules I cannot guarantee this will happen. Some people find these kinds of topics, erm, cheesebaggy.

2. lucentio

lucentio Fapstronaut

My niece's house is haunted. She has two daughters. The older one had an "imaginary friend" that she called Emma. She talked about her all the time and said that she lived in her room. Her second daughter is disabled. She had two heart operations immediately after birth and suffered a stroke. Her crib was in the same room where her older sister's was when she was her age. Due to her disabilities she could not leave her crib. When her mother would come up to get her in the morning there would be toys in the crib that had been on the floor the previous evening. There is no way the she could have gotten the toys herself. The younger daughter would point to the corner and say "Emma!".

3. I had sleep paralysis once. Still not sure what to think about it. Woke up in the middle of the night and could swear something was there in my room with me. It's weird because you can like sense where exactly the entity is standing. You can also sense it's not particularly friendly.
    Some say it has a biological reason, but some of the stories are so similar and even experienced by different people at the same time, that there has to be more to it.

4. Hros

Hros Fapstronaut

I had sleep paralysis a few times, which usually came from the strange experience of waking up in the middle of a wet dream, fully aware that I was about to O and not being able to do a thing about it. Way more depressing than a regular wet dream. I understand that some cultures considered sleep paralysis as a paranormal phenomenon, usually thought to have been caused by some kind of devilish creature sitting on your chest and weighing you down, but I don't believe in that. Part of Judaism requires a certain awareness of paranormal occurrences and realities (or at least, an awareness of the possibility), but it's a complicated religious subject.

5. Hros

Hros Fapstronaut

I had sleep paralysis a few times, usually caused by waking up in the middle of a wet dream. It's much more depressing than a regular wet dream because you're fully aware that you're having a wet dream and are about to O, but can't do a thing about it (except for this one time when I actually managed to stop myself). I understand that some cultures see sleep paralysis as a paranormal phenomenon, supposedly usually caused by a devilish creature sitting on your chest and weighing you down, but I don't believe in such things.
    In Judaism there is a certain requirement, at least to a certain degree, to believe in paranormal occurrences and realities (or at least to believe in the possibility), but that in itself is a complex religious issue.