On the Journey

Discussion in 'New to NoFap' started by Deleted Account, Oct 18, 2013.

1. I've been actively participating in the online nofap/PMO community since about February this year with some successes and of course failures. But I've learned a lot from other members and receive great encouragement by their stories, ideas, strategies, and motivation. I hope to share some of mine with you, too. It's a slow process for me of rewiring the mind.

I've learned that we come from a wide variety of backgrounds but we all have one thing in common: a journey towards a fulfilling life.

I'm young, married with kids, and a devout Catholic. I love spending time with my family and learning about my faith. Working is a struggle since I work alone on the computer and often with little supervision. I'm an engineer/project manager at a small office. I'm working on interacting more with others, being productive and diligent, but I may have a case of ADHD that I'm looking into. Any strategies for being a good worker are welcomed!

My username is from the book Dark Night of the Soul by St. John of the Cross which describes a period of darkness where all souls experience a feeling of being separated from God. As we know, and as St. John describes, feelings are not always what they seem and can be deceiving. It's also a word play on the The Dark Knight Batman movie, from which my favorite line is:

Thanks again for your support.

2. I should add I'm going for 10 days. My best streaks hover around 10 days but I've been in a slump lately. Will add my streak counter shortly.