Occipital neuralgia since a few months

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by Barnabas_, Jan 14, 2024.

1. Barnabas_

Barnabas_ Fapstronaut

I am looking for a solution how to overcome a long lasting pain in my head (occipital neuralgia since a few months).

I remember 1-2 years ago somewhere on Nofap (I think in section about retention) some people shared their knowledge how in the past in India some health issues were treated. This old traditions (India/China) often have wisdom how to help when traditional medicine (doctors, pills) do not work and cannot help much any longer.

Can anyone help in this?

2. IGY

IGY Fapstronaut
    NoFap Defender

It is worth remembering that pain is a symptom. Therefore, it is best to look for treatment of the cause rather than the pain itself. Such as:- injury, pinched nerve, overly tight neck muscles, nerve compression, disc disease or infection and inflammation. See a doctor if possible bro.

3. Barnabas_

Barnabas_ Fapstronaut

Yes, you are right. Pain is a symptom. If was touched (a nerve) by the osteopath, who said that he was working with an occipital muscles and "compensation". It lasted only a few minitues. Yes, I have seen a few doctors over last couple of months and apart from pills they prescribed they cannot help much. It did not (medicines) help much. MRI (neck part of the spine) does not show much too.