Never give up - Akira Menaide

Discussion in 'Fitness' started by ZenYogi, Sep 29, 2023.

1. ZenYogi

ZenYogi Fapstronaut

This thread's just to connect with people who're into fitness and talk about my journey.

Yes this is titled after one of my favorite Naruto Uzumaki saying Akira Menaide.

My fitness journey rebooted two years ago when I kept chanting "No matter what." While visualizing Naruto saying the same and pushing myself to workout once more.

I did it for love!

The girl I was into wanted a buff guy but liked my mind so I tried to give her both. We dated, she left and came back. By the time she came back I was with someone new and was more shredded than a Caesar salad :)

Fast forward to today.

I'm getting stronger. I'm about 180 lbs 10% body fat.

I'm trying to clean bulk up to 185+. hoo it's only 5 lbs but feels like a tall order. I'm getting stronger by the day though. The only question mark is the neutral grip pull up. Feels like I can do maybe 95% or even 100% ROM on it. I just have hyperflexible shoulders which means my ROM goes to 110% which is actually not good for the shoulder joint according to my pt.

So, I'm trying to keep the ROM to 90-100 and I'll be okay hopefully as I increase weight on it. I really do want to be doing some good weighted pull ups. The weighted dips are fine and I'm up to 25lbsx3x5.

45x3x5 would be wonderful. That would be insane to do more than that though.

Also is everyone on gear at the gym or are they just crazy dedicated?

*Shrugs* lol. I'll have to ask them what their routines and nutrition look like. And just any tips they have for me.

Alright time to make some provocative fitness thread questions to drum up conversations maybe