Needing Christ everyday

For Fapstronauts who are disciples of Christ

1. Wesley552

Wesley552 Fapstronaut

Hello fellow fapstronauts,

Hope everyone is doing well today. Praise the Lord for His goodness!
    Decided to start a journal forum in this category rather than the rebooting forum since Christ is the only Way we can have victory over sin and death. Without Him we may fool ourselves into thinking we can overcome our fleshly lusts, and may even do so for a time; but without Christ only legalism is achieved and one sin is only replaced by another sin.

My parents have a very Godly influence in my life and raised my siblings and me with Biblical values and have always encouraged us to always be learning about and living for God of the Bible. At the age of six, God drew my heart to want Christ as my personal Saviour and I prayed for His forgiveness of my sinful state and asked Him to save me.

In spite of what my parents had taught me and even though I knew the Saviour, I began looking up sexually appealing images, videos, and images since probably the age of 16 and was affected deeply in the way I looked at intimate relationships. There were several times when real life instances happened that tempted me to follow through with my fleshly lusts with real people, but not until one day came that I had the chance to actually commit immorality when I was in Bible college. In spite of feelings of guilt and shame, my mind was dead set on trying out what I had been seeing on the internet, and I believe that's why God took His hand off me and let it happen. Only then did I grieve the horribleness of my sin and start seeking help.

It has been a long journey of constant slip-ups, falls, and rebellion, but God has never forsaken me and keeps drawing me back to Him. Praise the Lord for His discipline and love.

Joh_12:26 If any man serve me, let him follow me; and where I am, there shall also my servant be: if any man serve me, him will my Father honour.

2. Wesley552

Wesley552 Fapstronaut

God's grace has still kept me in His love, praise His holy name. Time after time, I've trampled His name and His love in the sand and followed my own heart and its destructive desires, but He keeps drawing me back. He never forces me back but calls for me to come back and allows things in my life to happen that shake me up so His presence can be acknowledged once again. What a precious Heavenly Father!
    Resetting to this morning and am going to remember that He is the one I'm hurting when the temptation comes today.

2Co_12:9a And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee