Need some experience here

Discussion in 'Rebooting in a Relationship' started by big-successhere, Mar 2, 2022.

1. big-successhere

big-successhere Fapstronaut

I want some stories about anyone that had an addicted partner who confronted him with the truth and not waited until getting caught or forced into it. I want to know what impact had that on you. It will help me so much.

clairecsx likes this.
  2. If you go to the Significant Others forum, you will find countless stories of the impact that their partner's PA had on them.

3. ANewFocus

ANewFocus Fapstronaut

Are you asking as a significant other wanting to confront the addict? Or as an addict wanting to confess to your significant other?

4. clairecsx

clairecsx Fapstronaut

Please please read my post!

big-successhere likes this.
  5. big-successhere

big-successhere Fapstronaut

I've read it and I'm very sorry for your exhausting journey and I hope that things are better for you now.

As for me, I was asking because I wanted to confront my gf who was, unlike you, unaware of my addiction, and I wanted to know what impact that has on partners because I was so afraid of he reaction, but I came to realize that no one deserves to be treated like unwanted or neglected, no one deserves to feel that coldness or lack of care that we, addicts, show to our partners unconsciously. Everyone deserve to be loved and well treated, especially the partners of addicts, because it's a sign of great love, so I decided to confess and confront her with my story. She forgave me and we're living happily now as she's beside me facing this problem together.

As she did this to me, I decided to do the same for her by appreciating every little thing or action she does, because she deserves it, and I decide to never let her down, and never go back for this, because I do it for myself ahead of all, because I want it.

You seem like a strong woman and I'm sure that your story will get a good happy ending which you deserve, and thank you for you reply.

TakingTheSteps likes this.
  6. ryukPLYZ

ryukPLYZ Fapstronaut