1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Nearly 15 years into recovery and still beginning

Discussion in 'New to NoFap' started by Integrity4600, Jan 27, 2024.

1. Integrity4600

Integrity4600 New Fapstronaut

Hi, I’m a 39 y/o married man with 5 children. I’ve struggled with pmo since age 11. I’ve been in and out of active recovery a out 14 years now and looking to get serious. I feel complacency allows me to gradually nudge towards relapse and I’m not looking to hit a new rock bottom. Glad to be here.

Adie1983 likes this.
  2. Sarah-Walker

Sarah-Walker Fapstronaut

Welcome mate! It’s good you’re wanting to do better, and are committed to the cause. No matter how many years it’s been or how hard it is, as long as you’re trying and taking it seriously you’re on a great path!
    Being vigilant is a good thing, and over time it’s a reliable tool especially when in moments of stress and boredom, it trains your brain to look out for it.

It’s different for everyone, but we all have to learn what our triggers are, and how they appear. Being vigilant will help you filter out the noise, and see what you’re doing more clearly, giving you time to make a rational decision to move on and engage your brain with something else instead of your thoughts.