1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Money is the meaning of life

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by Leanmaxxing, Nov 19, 2023.

1. gordonfreeman14603

gordonfreeman14603 Fapstronaut

- Gigachadgpt

2. goldie

goldie Fapstronaut

When I stopped thinking like this, I ended up making more money and being happier.

Christisthelord likes this.
  3. nellywilk

nellywilk Fapstronaut

Money gives me freedom, but it is definitely not the meaning of life. Being financial independent and don't worry about the future - is a great thing and helps us to live a happy life. That is the reason i started to check Comdata reviews and will ask them for some help with my future financial planning.

Last edited: Feb 14, 2024
  4. Leanmaxxing

Leanmaxxing Fapstronaut

Funny how your entire post revolved around how money gives you freedom, how money gives you a happy life and how you’re focused on your “financial future”. Yet, money isn’t the meaning of life? I said it wasn’t the only meaning but it is the most important because it defines the quality of life someone can have.

5. Icewarrior

Icewarrior Fapstronaut

If one has lost their health, whether physically and/or psychologically, how can one earn a living?

6. Leanmaxxing

Leanmaxxing Fapstronaut

“Earn a living.” Exactly, you must be able bodied to be able to make money. Without health, you can’t make money. Again, it revolves around money.

7. Icewarrior

Icewarrior Fapstronaut

If there was no such thing as money then what would people do? The same as before; they would barter. They would trade items. What would you do if there was hyperinflation and your money became worthless?

Failing_upward likes this.
  8. I agree. Money is a part of pretty much everything. Dating too. I'm not going to get a woman that I'm attracted to being broke unfortunately. Similar to I wouldn't be romantically interested in a woman if I don't find her attractive. Someone here said that chasing money won't give you peace though. I think I also agree with that too.

9. DamarisChandler

DamarisChandler New Fapstronaut

It's true that money plays a significant role in various aspects of life, including dating. Financial stability can be a factor in attraction. However, I also resonate with the idea that solely chasing money might not bring true peace. On a lighter note, have you ever explored game apps that pay instantly to cash appurges? It could be a fun way to unwind and add a little extra cash to your wallet!

Last edited: Mar 7, 2024
    The man with the plan likes this.
  10. viktraaa

viktraaa Fapstronaut

When I stopped worrying about not earning enough, I started earning more and I started having enough for everything. But the fact that I graduated from university this year also had an impact. Thanks to https://lastminutewriting.com/ I could find more time for work. And now I just work and try not to focus on money because it is not the most important thing in our life

Last edited: Mar 21, 2024
    Icewarrior likes this.
  11. Racco

Racco Fapstronaut

I appreciate your realisation towards money. Money is the start and end of all misery that the man faces.

Yes, all other meanings has no value. The only value to function efficiently and to have better future in the human world is through money. It is a fact whether one accepts it or not.

Don't say, just act and master the art of making money.

:emoji_thumbsup:

12. nomo

nomo Fapstronaut

Not true. So let's say you work all the time and make a billion dollars but have no family, friends, or love. Your life is empty. The meaning of life or maybe better said the meaning of a fulfilled life is to have family, friends, and love.

13. Icewarrior

Icewarrior Fapstronaut

Isn’t real value created through work, Racco, and money is a byproduct of that work? By that I mean before money was invented, people worked then traded what they produced for what they needed. Then money was invented to make these exchanges easier/more flexible. So, now we work to earn money, then exchange it for things we need/want. I am not some kind of economist. Just making observations.

Failing_upward likes this.
  14. JimmyConway

JimmyConway Fapstronaut

Money being a necessity doesn’t necessarily equate to it being the root meaning of our lives. Money is an economic tool that offers a medium for putting value on limited resources that we can’t just all grab at once otherwise food, commodities, and anything you can buy with money would run out due to human greed. But that same human greed will put money on a pedestal and raise prices until it seems that money has to become our meaning. But if money was the root of existence, we would have no need for emotions, experiences, time, life, or even death. If money was the root, we would just be a bunch of robots exchanging credits for items. Money is a tool which is a means to an end but it’s not the end itself. But I do understand what you are saying my friend.

Icewarrior likes this.
  15. Failing_upward

Failing_upward Fapstronaut

Money is paper, coins and numbers on a screen. It has no intrinsic value outside of the psychological weight that it holds inside the mind of collective society

Last edited: Mar 15, 2024
    Icewarrior and JimmyConway like this.
  16. Racco

Racco Fapstronaut

What real value you created through work? You work in proportion to the money you get. Money is a practical reality at this moment in the human functional world. Why are you digging into the past? Do you want to get into primitive ages? Accept the world as it is and take your piece of cake.

Some people when they don't understand certain aspects of life they blame it. You know people attach vulgarity to sex because to control the masses. The result is repression of sex and hell lot of psychological & physical problems arises from it. When not controlled sex falls into its natural rhythm and don't bother you. The same goes with money. Financial health is as important as physical health.

Those who truly realises.money don't talk any nonsense.

Those who talk rubbish about money, let them live for few months without a penny and then ask them to talk the rubbish.

Money isn't the problem but the idea about it in your mind is the problem. And that idea you borrowed from society & culture.

Money is the fuel for the life journey.

Those who blame the money are actually slaves to it, they don't have the proper understanding. If you realise money and its actual form, it serves you better in your life journey.

Also, there is a continuous fear sublimely that how the people around think when you're money minded.

Don't think economists know about the money, like a doctor don't know totality about human body and it's functions. Like a nuclear scientist don't know totality about an atom, they just know how to blast and release energy.

See, I'm not against anyone's views, just mentioning the fact that I realised.

Last edited: Mar 16, 2024
  17. Icewarrior

Icewarrior Fapstronaut

Racco, I'm not saying money is not a practical reality. I work, I get paid. Simple. I accept that. If I don't have any money then I'm in deep shit. I understand that. I don't blame the money (though I used to). Just saying that we work, then we get paid. If there was no such thing as money then I'd still work. By "work" I mean in the sense of farming/hunting/gathering/trading or whatever in order to stay alive and prosper. As for "primitive ages," I happen to like history and have an interest in how things were in past times (though of course I understand that history is mostly "twistory.")
    Perhaps I've misunderstood what you wrote? I'm aware I don't have the "proper understanding" of money. The posts on this thread are helping out! I also feel that there is more than a hint of resentment in the guy who started this thread when it comes to money. Maybe I'm wrong about that. If so, I'll accept that too. And thanks to him for starting such an interesting thread! Anyways, it's great to hear your thoughts on money.

18. Racco

Racco Fapstronaut

No ifs or buts, money is a practical reality, Think the other way, if you've more than enough money, you don't have to work for the sake of money by investing your energies, time & intellect and all the stress, but you work for the sake of work & joy.

Say you love painting or roam around in nature but lack of money and understanding make you to work hard which you aren't interested for the sake of living with all the frustration, disappoints and become more mechanical.

Money in some sense is like sexual energy. Proper understanding makes it to serve you.

:emoji_pray:

Icewarrior likes this.
  19. Icewarrior

Icewarrior Fapstronaut

Thanks a million!

20. Heypleasehelpme

Heypleasehelpme Fapstronaut

No money more problem.
    More money no problem.