Men, How Do You Deal With Unwanted Attention From Women?

Discussion in 'Dating during a Reboot' started by Deleted Account, Jun 14, 2023.

1. The title is pretty self explanatory. Whenever I'm out and about, I occasionally receive attention from women in whom I have no romantic interest. Some of them are discrete, while others are very blunt and straightforward. Ordinarily, this would not be a problem. However, now that I have started a new job, it seems that I am receiving unwanted attention from a couple of coworkers. If this problem becomes persistent, how does one go about rejecting advances without coming across as a jerk?

2. nomo

nomo Fapstronaut

Tell them you would like to be their friend, but you are not interested in anything beyond a friendship. It's easy, honest, and a nice way of telling them how you feel.

3. FormerLeatherneck

FormerLeatherneck Fapstronaut

Tell them you would love to be “pen pals” with them and hope they get the hint.

4. I think your best bet is talk to your manager and human resources department and let them know there are women making statements to you that are making you uncomfortable. If you have it documented, like maybe in an e-mail or a witness that would also be helpful so it's not a he said she said scenario.

5. Chaste guy

Chaste guy Fapstronaut

Just run away in the opposite direction when someone is coming too close. Of course this doesn't work when you have to work with that someone. Then I think you could buy a ring, so it seems that you're married. Or say that you have strange fetishes and pray the god she doesn't have those. Lastly, you can forget her name, that usually does the trick.

Funny thing is, I've done all of those suggestions, except getting the ring. It is incredibly hard to get away from women and men as well when they try to have sex with you.

6. Meshuga

Meshuga Fapstronaut

Never had that problem.

I can tell you, creating a paper trail is premature and literally running away is immature.

If they are direct, you can directly tell them “no, but thank you. I appreciate your interest but…”
    And then tell the truth. “I’m not in a good place in my life to pursue that kind of relationship,” or “but ur ugly tho.” With more tact, obviously. I’m telling you, I’ve never had this problem.

For me, I am told girls/women have displayed interest in me, but I have always been so blissfully unaware and kept them in the friend zone until they gave up. You could do that as well.

7. I had a co-worker who looks likes my lunch lady tell me that I looked "cute" the other day, Did I take the complement? Yes, did I ask for her number and start dating her? No.

nfpexperiment likes this.
  8. berylliumwages

berylliumwages Fapstronaut

What a humblebrag. Most men do not have this problem.

9. Chaste guy

Chaste guy Fapstronaut

Most men are not trying to change their habits. Most men download tinder and expect results. I did, and it doesn't work. And yes, male can receive unwanted attention as well, and sometimes just saying sorry not today doesn't work.

Kiz Whalifa and Brandon96 like this.
  10. zloylance

zloylance Fapstronaut

actually i can easily relate to this "problem".
    in my life experience, more often than not, we like those who do not like us and we dont like those who like us (especially women).
    i had a date with a girl few years ago, she was nice, amazing person, very smart and funny..
    but sexually she didnt interest me..
    we tried to be just friends, and yes, it led few times to bed, but still, it felt weird, i understood that i didnt want her as sexual partner, as a friend hell yes! as a partner in bed... well... no.
    we had to stop all communications.

i still dont believe in friendship between man and woman, especially if one of them want in bed the other one.

11. Kn0wbie

Kn0wbie Fapstronaut

Take the compliment. Be flattered. Move on.

Savedpagan and Jerry2Rick like this.
  12. Both men and women can receive unwanted attention. I came to this thread not to brag, but to seek insight and solutions to a problem that I'm facing. What is there to brag about in receiving unwanted attention from coworkers when you're simply trying to do your job? When people don't know how to behave in a working environment, it affects everyone, and not in a good way.

13. nfpexperiment

nfpexperiment Fapstronaut

B
    Wow, would be my dream, u are a hunk propably, I am average joe so dont get much attention from females, well simple thing is, dont talk so much,be silent, after giving a minute or two attention to her, say I am sorry I got some work to do, I need to do something. After a few polite silent treatment she will understand and leave u alone, believe it is ok, u got to realize,woman get more attention from men, even the average women, they will easily find some other man, if u are not interested in them.

14. nfpexperiment

nfpexperiment Fapstronaut

Some advice, dont have sex if u dont want to wife her, no one will get hurt then.

Newbie Jasper likes this.
  15. depeche69

depeche69 Fapstronaut

In my workplace I have strange experience. While on PMO i am acting nervous, shy and weird with women; especially the beautiful one. They avoid me.
    When i am on a longer streak > 10 days, i became some selfconfident. I don't react anymore weird near the women.
    But suddenly I've got women attraction by women i don't want the attention. They start to flirt and me and giving me sign to come closer to them. Im afraid that i am hurting them emotionally.
    I wish at workplace i could socialize with all women like normal human beeing without women attention.

16. zloylance

zloylance Fapstronaut

@depeche69 I think i know why is that..
    women probably "feel" something about you or with you (or any man for that matter).
    when you are on PMO, you need higher and higher dosage of "sensation" from female counterparts..
    you are always looking for "sexiness" in them.. your eyes are always looking at them and inspecting them for sex..
    they feel it..
    when you are not on PMO, you are calm like a python snake and they dont feel threatened by your weird behavior, comments, etc..
    thats why they want to be in your company..

17. Reborn16

Reborn16 Fapstronaut

I usually dial down my 'vibe' a bit. Less jokes, less masculine energy, less questions directed her way.

I think it's a bit of a dance, finding the line between fun chats that pass the time and seeking more when it's not there.

If it's too blunt or too often, I would probably start mentioning "my girlfriend this" "my girlfriend that" (whether girlfriend exists or not). That usually puts the brakes on extra energy going both ways.

18. FormerLeatherneck

FormerLeatherneck Fapstronaut

19. Jerry2Rick

Jerry2Rick Fapstronaut

The bigger problem is you thinking of yourself as a jerk for rejecting advances.

Getting unwanted attention? Who fucking cares.
    Did she grab your dick when you walked by her? No, I didn't think so.
    She looks at you like she wants to fuck you? Cool. Don't you have a job to do? Thought so.

Give a specific advance and you'll get a specific way of dealing with it. These vague contexts are just obsessing about nothing-burgers.

20. Jerry2Rick

Jerry2Rick Fapstronaut

This is fucking crazy advice. There is nothing wrong with having non-marital sexual relationships. There are challenges. Be an adult about them.