I want to build an aesthetic body. I need help!

Discussion in 'Fitness' started by Kingofanew_world, Jan 17, 2024.

1. Kingofanew_world

Kingofanew_world Fapstronaut

I am not able to upload an image here but I have made a similar post on reddit.

https://www.reddit.com/r/WorkoutRoutines/s/z1t8iIchhJ

I want to look more aesthetic. I cannot afford a gym membership so if you guys can recommend any home workout routines It will be really helpful.

2. USER_ERROR

USER_ERROR Fapstronaut

I recommend investing in some dumbbells/barbell, it is much easier to train than bodyweight.

In general you want to have 2-3 sets per exercise each having 6-15 reps and aim for around 15-25 sets in total per workout, if you are doing bodyweight exercise you can increase the reps to 15-30. And for your rest time 1-3 min should be enough.

So for example a workout of mine could look like this:

warm up, i prefer to keep it short:

-some simple jumps, around a hundred is enough
    -burbees 15-30

You can add some stretching or light exercise like squat, push ups, plank, etc.

the workout:

(set x reps)
    3 x 10 chin ups ; rest time 2 min / set
    3 x 15 dumbbell curls ; rest time 2 min / set
    3 x 15 overhead press ; rest time 2 min / set
    2 x 6 lateral press ; rest time 2 min / set
    rest 5 min, redo another session.

If you don't have equipment just look online for exercises that target similar muscle group and either add more reps or use harder variations, this book has a good selection (https://www.goodreads.com/en/book/show/13186972).
    I also workout by myself so this might not be the most optimal, you could try asking in the bodybuilding section too.

3. UlyssesResists

UlyssesResists Fapstronaut

Last edited: Feb 22, 2024
  4. SuperFan

SuperFan Fapstronaut

Do you have a Planet Fitness in your area? They only charge $10/month, with no initiation fee. It would give you a ton of access to weights and machines that will help you.

Also, Michael Matthew's book "Bigger, Leaner, Stronger" is my fitness bible. It's the best and most comprehensive book I've ever read on fitness. Agfter years of being in a plateau, I did his exact workout program and within 6 weeks I was lifting stronger than I've ever lifted in my life (I'm in my 40s, have been lifting since I was 16, and am stronger today than I was in my 20's).

I'm attaching a pic just so you can see that I know what I'm talking about here. I'm probably one of the most aesthetic guys in my gym, and I owe it to relatively clean eating (especially cutting out as much refined/added sugar as possible), and doing the Bigger, Leaner, Stronger lifting program.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. rjttq

rjttq Fapstronaut

you can make crazy gains just using calisthenics "body weight exercises" if you structure it right, if you don't have a pull-up bar and don't want to spend the 10 dollars you could go to a park, if you want a decent routine ask chatgpt just be specific and it usually gives pretty decent advice

Kingofanew_world likes this.
  6. Olympus2567

Olympus2567 Fapstronaut

More simple the better for you. Try doing chin ups on a tree branch or push ups. If you get good at pushups (over 50 in a set) then do harder variations. Once you get good at those I would consider calisthenics. Gym membership is def worth it, maybe do meal prep to save money.

7. ju
    st start with doing calestenics

8. ..thats what I need...some body mass like you.I know that I have some health issues like some gastritis every now and then,but youre right...to lay off processed foods and sugar.

9. SuperFan

SuperFan Fapstronaut

1) quit processed sugar, and

2) lift heavy. Aim for 4-6 reps per set. 3 sets per exercise. 2-3 minutes rest between sets. Once you can do a certain weight 6 times, bump up the weight 5-10 lbs. Once you can do that weight 6 times, add another 5-10 lbs. And so on, and so on. Progressive overload is how you get big.

3) don't neglect your nutrition. If you want to get big, you'll need to eat. You can't out-train a bad diet.

10. I hear ya...have arthritic back and knees...not necessarily from skateboarding but i can still lift weights and more.......just not to over load....but thanks....

11. Still Balling

Still Balling Fapstronaut

Walk 2 to 5k everyday. On Monday do 5 sets of Pull ups, your end goal is 10 sets of 10. On Thursday do 5 sets of 20 squats, your end goal is 10 sets of 20-25.

Do this for a year or 2 and tell me you don't like yourself, I am waiting.

12. daniella846

daniella846 New Fapstronaut

An aesthetic body is not only about training, but also about a healthy lifestyle. For example, I started with foods and started avoiding unhealthy ones, then I started taking vitamins from the Canadian Pharmacy and only then did I start exercising. All this helped me start losing weight. And then the main thing is to have an incentive to go further and everything will work out

Last edited: Mar 28, 2024
  13. Yzomandias

Yzomandias Fapstronaut

Mate I was in the same spot a year ago
    I didnt know whether to bulk or cut

I was 24% bf, I started to cut - eating 10% calories less everyday than my "0" level calorie intake. Clean diet, well distributed micros

Within 10 months I lost 19kg, most of which is fat

Workout 3-4 times a week, slowly going down to 10% while being cautions not to go too fast and burn muscles.

You can do it, its a long journey, its a marathon, yet once you set a clear goal, you''ll be enjoying every single day of your path. Just remember that mistakes we've been doing whole life cannot be changed overnight

14. ..nooo bro...I'm kinda puny for my height....because of anxiety i can't eat a lot....damm....actually acid issues

15. Exponential Power

Exponential Power Fapstronaut

I've always been slim or underweight and I've had digestive issues as well. Bulking is difficult. I've gained weight in the past when I had fewer food sensitivities but I gained too quickly and didn't stay lean. At my heaviest I was still below average for my height. I've been quite underweight for a few years but I've gained 15 lbs recently and I'm in much better shape. I'm still pretty small but I feel stronger. I realized that even though I thought I was eating well, the bottom line is being underweight meant I wasn't getting enough calories so I increased my intake. It helps that I've expanded my safe foods. Good luck!

17. Exponential Power

Wow, I'd be so happy if I was 172. I'm 6'1" and I'm 151 now. I was 126 at the least and 167 at my heaviest.

18. UlyssesResists

UlyssesResists Fapstronaut

I got my blood work today. At first I was concerned because my testosterone come up with a red flag, then I saw it was red because it was high 875. I attribute this to nofap and carnivore diet. BTW, I'm 55.

Exponential Power likes this.
  19. Exponential Power

I was doing keto for awhile. It seemed helpful for some health issues but I couldn't gain or maintain weight.

20. on top that I was a skateboarder and have that style body,I've been dealoing with gastritis and for this reason dammm I can't over eat and get more muscle.I need to follow a nutrition conscious program so that i can gain more weight to my adequate body size.