I WANNA FUCKING GAIN WEIGHT

Discussion in 'Fitness' started by Ronaldeutsch, Oct 27, 2023.

1. Ronaldeutsch

Ronaldeutsch Fapstronaut

Its been a year since I've started going to the gym, and it just fucking hurts me to see that I dont even look like I lift when I'm wearing a normal tee and not pumped in the gym.

I'm 5,7 and 57Kg, I gained upto 62Kg, fallen sick, dropped back to 57, and the cycle goes onn. I dont know what to do. I'm so demotivated. I'm not being able to lift the same weights I used to lift.

It now feels like all my self worth depends upon whether I look muscular or not. And In starting that is what I wanted, to just 'look' bigger, I always cared little about my strength and more about being bigger. Is it the right thing to tread onn? I am seeking validation from outside. It gives me a kick when someone compliments my bicep, I walk with confidence when my sleeves are full and my arm is looking big. I dont know lol? I know thats fucking childish but is it okayy?

Olympus2567 likes this.
  2. SuperFan

SuperFan Fapstronaut

What is your diet/nutrition like? You'll never get big if you're not eating a good amount of food. You can lift weights for your entire life and you won't put on serious muscle if you're not getting enough calories and macros.

rjttq likes this.
  3. I_Am_Strong_54

I_Am_Strong_54 Fapstronaut

The best comment I ever saw about someone wanting to get big and muscular is that if you are not dreading your next meal, you are not eating enough.

One suggestion I would have is that if you're going to a gym, talk to one of the personal trainers there. Most gyms and personal trainers will allow you to get a free workout or nutrition counseling session so take advantage of that.

Joseph Campbell likes this.
  4. ItsSeal

ItsSeal Fapstronaut

+1.
    Download some food/eating app, in this way you can check your nutrition intake.

rjttq likes this.
  5. rjttq

rjttq Fapstronaut

Hundred percent understand the feelings of searching for validation with your fitness journey, that was a big motivating factor when I started, however I recommend you try and focus on doing it for yourself, if you can truly do it just for you then you can make crazy "mental gains". as for gaining weight i see it was mentioned here before but definitely look into tracking your nutrition, it sounds intense but isnt actually that hard and is the best way to make progress, to help with this i would make the investment in a food scale it's around 10-20 bucks and will making tracking your calories much easier, asides from nutrition make sure you have a good workout plan that you enjoy that is catered towards your goals

6. Olympus2567

Olympus2567 Fapstronaut

Change your routine. But to gain weight you must eat till you cant for like 5 weeks. I was unable to gain a pound for 5 weeks of over 3750 calories a day for a teenager 5,9-140lbs. But after I stayed consistent I’ve been gaining 2 pounds or more a week. Right now I’m at 170 from 135 at the beginning of the year. CONSISTENCY IS KEY. DM me if you want advice on your routine.

7. DistantHelper

DistantHelper Fapstronaut

Holy shit same...

I'm averaging around 2,200 calories a day.

I'm 5'8, I'm 53 Kgs.

My goal is to reach 60 Kgs, to which I must eat more than 3,000 calories a day.

Which is incredibly difficult to someone like myself (unsure why)

Anyone in the same situation, DM for accountability!