How can I lower my libido?

Discussion in 'Compulsive Sexual Behavior' started by SirQwerty, Apr 6, 2024.

1. SirQwerty

SirQwerty Fapstronaut

I've been improving and seeing much progress, my mind is much clearer, and I'm more productive and organized. One issue I still have is the nighttime. I've made posts about this previously, but it's still an issue.

I don't watch P anymore, nor do I ejaculate.
    but I always end up mastubating in bed, humping my pillow, and hugging it like it's a real woman, imagining its my wife. Silly, I know
    This is hindering my progress and I feel it's a roadblock that once overcome, I'd finally be free.

At night I feel lonely (blah, blah, blah, tired of using this word ) as I have time to think about things, but I probably make things worse in my mind than they seem. I work very hard during the days so I should be tired and really have no energy left to do such embarrassing acts, but it never fails every night.

How can I lower my libido and really just take sex out of my mind? I'm not in a relationship and don't see one coming anytime soon based on the people around me. I'm trying to stay focused on progressing and I feel my libido is a hinderance at times. No point in feeling sorry for myself for something/someone I don't have when I'm making progress towards my goals and becoming a better person. Thus far, most people have held me back or drained me anyway.

As always, thank you for your time :)

Last edited: Apr 6, 2024
  2. ThePerspicacious

ThePerspicacious Fapstronaut

Do youdo prone masturbation, like you masturbate without using your hand, against the pillow

3. SirQwerty

SirQwerty Fapstronaut

I do, it's very short intervals at night along with "traditional" methods

4. ThePerspicacious

ThePerspicacious Fapstronaut

I do it aswell, i rarely masturbate with my hand, and it is worse than normal masturbation because it leads to desensitisation, you can't get aroused by using your hand because you need the huge pression of the pillow or the bed, let alone when having real sex it's impossible to maintain an erection

5. Be Inspired

Be Inspired Fapstronaut

You may find that once you stop masturbating so much your libido will decrease, at least temporarily. It did for some of us. Masturbation can be very addictive. I cannot masturbate at all without getting a craving for more.

Your question makes me think of a problem drinker who says "How can I drink less? I drink a six pack every night before going to bed. How do I decrease my desire for alcohol?"
    Stop drinking a six pack every night and pretty soon you will stop craving it. Same with masturbation. Stop it, and the desire for it will slowly fade.

Meshuga and SirQwerty like this.
  6. Itsuki

Itsuki Fapstronaut

That’s the hope. I saw that hoppy beer decreases testosterone. I was thinking of maybe having one a day at dinner to try to decrease libido. That and I am abstaining from red meat. Can’t exercise decrease libido too? Like if you are super horny, running a marathon will help?

7. SirQwerty

SirQwerty Fapstronaut

I appreciate your honesty. Not the answer I wanted to hear, but the one I needed to. Thank you, just have to work harder in breaking this habit and cast down certain thoughts and imaginations while I'm in bed.

I haven't reached this point yet, but I'll work on stopping as things could definitely get to that point for me. Thank you for sharing this!

My schedule is really packed, once I clear some things up and recover from my burnout I'll try to start hitting the gym

ThePerspicacious likes this.