Hi I am new here, guide me please

Discussion in 'New to NoFap' started by Littlemaster, Mar 4, 2024.

1. Littlemaster

Littlemaster New Fapstronaut

Hi all,
    I am new here, Just got an idea of nofap from quora and then redirected to here from Wikipedia.
    I am 32yr old and single, and currently seeking a suitable girl for marriage. Before that I would like to refresh myself with health and happiness. I am trying to get a permanent teaching job and now I temporarily work in schools for daily wages.
    I had a bad childhood, seduced by my brothers and others for their sexual pleasures. It was a friend of my brother who taught him how to be a gay. Then after my brothers gave me cash and other gift to fulfill his wishes at an early age. At that time I was a handsome child and was attracted by many. But things changed when I was addicted to sex. Then I started losing my looks, then hairs and attraction. I tried to comeback many times from this issue. I tried to create relationships but failed many times and got stressed. Now again I am trying to get back, well I have lost hairs on some part of temple sides. Getting back to the old look is very hard, but I just hope what ever I can. Better late than never.
    I still think that friend of my brother destroyed my life.
    But now it is time to change.

2. Robindale

Robindale Fapstronaut

I'm sorry for the abuse you endured from family members and others. I hope you are working with a good trauma therapist to help you address those issues, which have to be underlying your sex addiction. Wish you the best.

3. Orphan

Orphan Fapstronaut

Welcome. Glad you are here.

Take some time to read the reboot material (available here => http://www.nofap.com/getting-started) and come up with a plan for what you will do when you are faced with urges. It has good advice, so don't skip it! :)

Perhaps start writing a journal - if you feel comfortable telling people about happened and what's going on now, you will start to feel accountable to them. You may even inspire others. It's a nice feeling! This will help your recovery.

Also, try to add something into your life that makes you the kind of person who doesn't engage in PMO. Think about doing:
    • Something you enjoy
    • Something you're good at
    • Something important
    • Something for somebody else, without thought of reward (and if you DO get an unintended reward, do something ELSE, perhaps for a different person or group).
    Read the journals of others - we all learn from each other. Don't just stay within your own age group or part of the world. Share your knowledge in a respectful way.

This is a great post about what lies ahead of you during the reboot. https://www.nofap.com/forum/index.php?threads/time-to-be-done-with-this.140257/page-26#post-1442099

This is a fantastic way to explain what you'll be feeling during your reboot.
    https://www.nofap.com/forum/index.php?threads/club-dopamine.101129/

Read, learn, apply.

Look around the forums, get to know people. Everyone is friendly, and will try to support you. We're all in the same boat here. :)

Be kind to others and others will be kind to you, both here and IRL. And remember, it's not a challenge - it's a lifestyle change.

I wish you a successful reboot.

~Orf