Hey Peterson, Listen to This

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by Meshuga, Jun 28, 2023.

1. En?gmatic

En?gmatic Fapstronaut

there is no “modern wisdom” there are just ancient wises (Heraclitus, Parmenid and all the so called presocratics, but their real name is “wises”, and other in china like laotzu, chuan tzu,….). Modern day is just desk philosophy, nothing to do with noesis lightreason why they brainwash you with materialism, darwinism, hegeism, marxism, kantism, schopenauerism and other modern day thinking empiristic abortions.
    Make y’all a gift and buy the heraclitus fragments, commented by someone that does not try to mix them with marxism theory of surplus value.

2. smh_fam

smh_fam Fapstronaut

Well, you do need meaning in your life to be happy. That is true.

The material stuff you still need to a certain degree. You're not going to experience much happiness while dying from dysentery.

3. smh_fam

smh_fam Fapstronaut

Empiricism has some value though right? We wouldn't be able to have this conversation without significant efforts by people investing time and thought into understanding the material world.

I think we've just shifted too far in that direction. Science has value, so we attempt to apply the scientific method to absolutely everything, from basic morality and the overall structure of society. The issue seems to be that science only "works" if you are able to successfully simplify a particular problem down to a couple of variables. Can you set up an experiment where there are clearly defined dependent and independent variables? Can you measure precisely how they interact with each other? If not, you're not doing science.

"Empiricists" like Marx aren't really being empirical. They assume a simplified world in which only specific variables exists and then claim to be performing "social science". It's a kind of pseudoscience, where logic and reason are certainly present, but only if you have a blind belief in the arbitrary premises defined by Marx. It becomes a religion that refuses to acknowledge its own act of faith.

4. En?gmatic

En?gmatic Fapstronaut

I will tell you my opinion about it (I don't hate ''Science'', in fact we aren't talking about Science but about some people and their pre-made opinions that became dogmatic)

Analytic and directed-toward-the-Empiric ''philosophy'' is the death of the Spirit, has nothing to do with Philo Sophia, that was a world used by Plato as an attempt to re-get the old wisdom of the ancient Hellenic wises, nothing to do with the modern desk philosophers, phariseans of the tought, hermeneuts, sophists.
    My assault is against modern empirical ahrimanic ''philosophy'', all these people I quoted are fully inside that list, Marx fully drawns on the darwinistic thinking (prefactorized by Malthus and few friends), Kant agree with the English empiricists (Locke, Hume,...) that have preceded him and he denied the innate faculties of the Spirit, he's just a bad and boring version of another boring author that was much more serious than him, Aristotle (Interesting notice the 1800 Dyad Aristotle-Kant and Plato-Goethe thinking). You just have to open a book by Karl Marx to see how Materialism permeate his pages. I think of course there are some intersting intuitions in Marx books, but not worth read them, much better spend time with Marsilio Ficino or Proclo at this point.
    We see ''science'' as some kind of authority, when someone show a study it says ''Science says'' like Science is some kind of unquestionable authority where everyone agrees. In fact some capable Wizards created an egregore of Science and now we pretend it is unquestionable, while in fact is just a house of card, part of the merely Doxatic world, opinion, nothing to do with the real science. It is just a Idol they worship with its unquestionable dogmas (Evolution Theory, Primordial Soup, Big Bang), all things that they teach you at school so you wouldn't questionate it. Considering that I was an atheist by myself in past, I have the right of saying this.