General SR discussion / Accountability thread

Discussion in 'Abstinence, Retention, and Sexual Transmutation' started by The worst is over, Mar 31, 2023.

1. HealingBodyandMind

HealingBodyandMind Fapstronaut

If you were just purely lonely, then you could go hang out with anyone - a grandma, a grandpa, or go volunteer at a homeless shelter or a food bank

Maybe go volunteer somewhere locally in your area? That would put you around people and give you something to do

But if your “loneliness” is specifically wanting a woman who would be willing to be sexual with you, then I wouldn’t define that as loneliness, but as “sexual desire”

So are you really lonely? Or you just really want to experience sexual pleasure with someone?

Adnilgo likes this.
  2. TheCarver

TheCarver Fapstronaut

yes, been single my whole life so i never got to experience anything.

3. HealingBodyandMind

I understand this pain… I have felt this bad feeling before. The way I was able to escape it temporarily was to devote myself to religion… when feeling really religious thoughts, then this pain of not having sex goes away…

4. TheCarver

TheCarver Fapstronaut

i pray almost 4 times a day and never goes away.

5. HealingBodyandMind

Yea, praying doesn’t work for me either.

how often do you actually read the religious text? For me, if I read the text, and combine this with exercise, and other healthy life habits, the painful feeling subsides for a little while at least

6. TheCarver

TheCarver Fapstronaut

don’t read anything.

7. HealingBodyandMind

Why not give reading a try? It can be really helpful, also, why follow a religion or pray 4 times a day if you don’t know what the text says with your own eyes?

Why trust other people’s interpretation of a religious book, why not read it yourself?

Or, study another book. Doesn’t have to be religious. I am currently reading a science book, and the painful thoughts I had earlier today have subsided because I am totally immersed in an entirely different topic than sex/women

Adnilgo likes this.
  8. mice_breaker

mice_breaker Fapstronaut

Talk to girls. Take your chance! Nofap won't do this for you. You have to decide for yourself when is the time and then go and stand your man.
    Isn't it a much better option than relapse?
    Only you might get rejection, which p never does. Deal with rejection, doubts, being nervous or angry, manage your expectations and put in all your effort, like you did with nofap. Then you'll get lucky ;)

Adnilgo likes this.
  9. MaxWellEquation

MaxWellEquation Fapstronaut

It looks like "the worst is over" was banned? Why was he banned?

Spiritual Immunity likes this.
  10. TheCarver

TheCarver Fapstronaut

its too scary

11. HealingBodyandMind

He would argue a lot with people on this site and express his opinion pretty strongly, which usually was an opinion not in line with the mods of this website

12. Spiritual Immunity

Spiritual Immunity Fapstronaut

Hm...

MaxWellEquation likes this.
  13. Spiritual Immunity

Spiritual Immunity Fapstronaut

Best way to meet women is naturally bro. Which means at your job, or in some other environment that you frequent. Rather than going up to random strangers and asking for their number. You can do that, it’s just more difficult. Keep retaining and you’ll find it easier to communicate with people, women or not. Start by practicing basic conversations with strangers while you’re out. The cashiers at stores etc.

Escape Plan likes this.
  14. NewJohnQ

NewJohnQ Fapstronaut

Hello,

I am very interested in SR and never voluntarily orgasming again.

Short story is married for 35 years. No sex the last 5. My wife was brutally sexually abused on a years long basis as a young girl and memories are still surfacing.

I struggle with same sex attraction and I’m coming off of an 18 month hook up binge.

I’ve dramatically cut back on hookups and PMO since joining here, and cut off my last hookup tie this week.

I’m feeling some benefits of SR. I went a couple weeks with no O and then had an O with my last hookup contact a week ago today. The after effect of that last orgasm was a deep crash into an abyss of depression for 2-3 days.

I want to be done with orgasms for good. I intend to learn as much as I can about Karezza sex to prepare for sex with my wife, but I want to live orgasm free myself.

How are you all managing long term? Do you experience any nocturnal emissions at all? I’m nearly 60 so I’m guessing I won’t, but it did happen to me when I was here several years ago. I’m guessing if we do Karezza, an accidental O might happen from time to time. How much does that derail you? I don’t want another crash like I had last weekend. It was horrible.

Thanks for reading. A life of no O seems like a great life. And challenging.

15. Racco

Racco Fapstronaut

Forget all the nonsense. Even don't consider my words as true. First of all SR isn't for all. As you pile up the sexual energy without properly channeling it, create havoc in the biological system.

With certainty I can tell you that the body & it's intelligence knows what is appropriate. Listen to it. Forget about super powers, it is just rubbish nonsense. You effect all, all effects you, in this sense your better attitude & personality effects the world around & vice versa.

As you truly progress in SR, lot of changes happen in your entire biological system, you might not be ready to deal with it. Best is take guidance from within, if you really want to take SR seriously and act accordingly. No book & person can guide you appropriately other than the power from within.

Last edited: Aug 3, 2023
  16. HealingBodyandMind

I notice my biggest downfall when I start getting a good SR streak going is anger… I start feeling angry and unable to be in a calm state, and end up doing PMO. The anger comes from
    being mad I’m not in a life position where I can have sex with girls I truly want to have sex with

do you have any tips on not feeling anger so I can surpass the 1 month mark and keep a truly good SR streak? I always get overwhelmed by emotions around 3 weeks in, usually anger and aggressive sexual thoughts

17. Racco

Racco Fapstronaut

It happens because your body not adapt to the new life style. You are forcing the body which is highly intelligent than your intellect get into disturbances because it's survival is much important. Actually what you want from SR? Are you ready to devote your life energy towards certain purpose?

Tips are meant for time being and the same tip might not suit to all. Here are few to calm down & balance, 1. Have butterfly pea tea aka blue tea 2. Use wet cloth on stomach, backside of the neck & forehead for 10-15 minutes when uncontrollable urges or aggression arise 3.Close both the thumbs with the remaining fingers and hold it for few minutes to internalize the pent up energy, fist is for externalize the energy, the opposite I'm talking about 4. Stop or reduce the stimulating food 5. Best guide is your body itself, listen to its whispers

500 likes this.
  18. HealingBodyandMind

Thank a lot, really appreciate the response. Yes, that is one problem I have, in a lot of ways, I do not know what I really want from SR or just for a life purpose in general. I am unsure about a future path and even the path I am currently on, I do not really enjoy it deep down that much. It just seemed the best option at the time

I will look more into the calming tips you mentioned, thank you