Focusing Back On Fitness

Discussion in 'Fitness' started by LOSEmyselftoSAVEmyself, Aug 23, 2023.

1. I am 49 y.o., on my 4th hard mode reboot.

Last winter, I got on a tear with work and stockpiled up the greens.
    But it came at a cost, I gained weight.

This thing really bothered me, especially since I had worked my
    tail off back in 2018, during my first reboot.

Back then, I lost 100 lbs. I never had the persistance to do
    it before I started rebooting.

Anyway, I decided to build up some savings to invest, so I was
    working a lot.

And naturally I was eating crap all the time and not working out.

So now I got that chunk and a chunk on my belly!

I decided that I needed to do cardio for a month, which I've been
    doing for 3 weeks.

I started by walking 30 minutes a day, moderate pace.

In the third week I added 10 minutes, and the week after I began
    to jog.

I started with 1 minute of jogging during the 40 minutes, at about
    the 30 minute mark, and built it up.

Eventually I want to get my yoga going and lifting weights, but
    I have to go one step at a time.

Too much too soon, and I get too exhausted and I'll quit.

I think I have the capacity to build up to nearly a bodybuilder,
    over time, I know a lot about it.

So let me know what you do for fitness/diet and what works
    or doesn't, and we can encourage each other.

One day at a time.

2. depolitie

depolitie Fapstronaut

glad to see you’re picking up fitness again after letting yourself go for a while.

i feel like fitness makes you drain all your energy while you’re at it. but it gives you so much energy when you’re finished.

to lose weight, the main thing is diet. staying away from bad/high calorie fatty food is key. go in a calorie deficit. focus on protein-rich foods, 200g is a minimum for me. you’ll lose fat faster when you eat a lot of protein.
    you’re doing great on your cardio routine, keep it up!

anyways, don’t ever lose hope or faith when you don’t see change. cuz you know this is the way. good luck on your journey!

3. Yes, I'm on board all the way.

The change is slow, but since I own a treadmill, I have no excuse to get on it every day!

4. xuledywo

xuledywo Fapstronaut

1. Consistency is Key: You've already demonstrated the ability to make positive changes in the past, and that's a significant achievement. Stay consistent with your efforts, even if progress seems slow at times.

2. Balanced Diet: Focus on a balanced diet that includes plenty of fruits, vegetables, lean proteins, and whole grains. Avoid excessive junk food and processed items. Consider tracking your daily caloric intake to stay on top of your nutrition.

3. Gradual Progress: It's wise to take things one step at a time, as you've mentioned. Gradual progression in your workouts is essential to avoid exhaustion and injury. Incorporating strength training and yoga in the future is a great idea.

4. Set Realistic Goals: Define specific, achievable goals for yourself. It could be weight loss, muscle gain, or improved cardiovascular health. Setting milestones will help you stay motivated.

5. Stay Hydrated: Drinking enough water is often overlooked but critical for overall health and maintaining energy levels.

6. Accountability: Share your fitness and health goals with a friend or family member who can help hold you accountable. You might consider joining a fitness community or finding a workout buddy.

7. Rest and Recovery: Don't forget the importance of rest and recovery days in your routine. Overtraining can lead to burnout, so make sure you allow your body to heal and regenerate.

8. Mindset: Maintain a positive and patient mindset. It's okay to have setbacks or less-than-perfect days. What matters most is that you keep moving forward.

9. Seek Professional Guidance: If you have specific fitness or health concerns, consider consulting with a fitness trainer or nutritionist. They can provide tailored advice and guidance.
    Remember, everyone's fitness journey is unique. What works best for one person might not work for another. It's all about finding a routine and lifestyle that suits you and helps you achieve your goals. Keep up the great work, and stay motivated on your path to better health and fitness!