Energy preservation and SR: yogic insights

Discussion in 'Abstinence, Retention, and Sexual Transmutation' started by bgil133, Mar 4, 2023.

1. bgil133

bgil133 Fapstronaut

So many here may have interest in the benefits of semen retention, including myself.

Luckily, ancient wisdom traditions and eastern medicine have actually discussed this topic in detail.

If you are interested in learning about the benefits from an eastern medicine perspective, I will share a few insights into this.

Basically, from what I have read on this topic, preserving semen in body helps us keep subtle energy known as “jing” or “essence.” This deep energy that can be lost with excess sexual activity, but also other things such as bad diet and habits. We are born with a certain amount of this energy, essentially.

When we lose semen the body uses a lot of energy or ‘chi’ to create more semen and this puts a strain on the kidneys and drains the bodies vital energies.

So basically the goal should be to keep seminal energy high and retain. This is something discussed by lamas in Buddhist tradition, as well as Chinese Medicine doctors (TCM).

The benefits of preserving this energy are that you feel physically, mentally, and spiritually balanced and can direct your energy towards positive goals that benefit yourself and others.

In the Yoga tradition, yogis teach it takes up to 100 days to restore energy lost from ejaculation. One could assume this is due to the same bodily essence being lost.

There actually medicines you can take that restore the above mentioned energy, known as Chulen, including other tonics related to sexual energy.

In the case you do ejaculate, eating red meat and doing some exercise can increase seminal energy and get rid of internal blockages, respectively.

Best regards,

Brian

Last edited: Mar 4, 2023
    Legacy of Lost Soul likes this.
  2. loneloan

loneloan Fapstronaut

do this traditions consider wet dreams a breach in the 100 days, and force to start over?
    I personally dont see WDs as any problem ,but what is the opinion of the ancient sages? also, once the energy is "restored", how many days are needed for it be "increased and harvested" as opposed to a mere restoration of a base level?

3. DeepRecovery

DeepRecovery Fapstronaut

http://tcmwindow.com/diseases/Male-Diseases/Nocturnal-Emission-treatment.shtml

It's not that simple though. TCM is a fairly modern package, it's been attributed to chairman Mao and the stuff that relates to SR is much older Taoist stuff so the TCM view on either WD or anything else is not necessarily the same. For anyone to seriously practice it a good amount of study is going to be involved like anything else, which isn't even limited to reading about it but practicing it is essentially self study and subjective awareness. There isn't much studying or practicing of anything just by not fapping.

4. Legacy of Lost Soul

Legacy of Lost Soul Fapstronaut

Wet dreams are always unneeded and to be avoided, they hinder the progress same as any other form of ejaculation. Frequent WD are to be dealt with and they show inbalance.

When the energy is restored, its good. When u ejaculate even after another 100 days after a restoration, you always go to - or very near to - zero.

Thats how I understand it from my own knowledge and experience.

5. loneloan

loneloan Fapstronaut

@Legacy of Lost Soul ,would you say that when I read a book on Brahmacharya (like sivananda's book) I must assume the author always meant "no wet dreams". for a year for example.
    Ive been trying to get into Manifestation for stuff, but my powers seem weak in this regard:confused:
    maybe the stuff discussed in this thread is the missing key :cool:

6. bgil133

bgil133 Fapstronaut

From a Taoist perspective, I believe it is the Bone Marrow Washing classic attributed to Bodhidharma that discusses this.

From a Tibetan perspective, doctors recommend abstaining to rebalance mental calmness. However, with anything you have to be aware of your own personal practice as the above post said, and you have to be aware of ‘lung’ or chi energy accumulated in the parts of the body. Practices like exercise, ‘Tsa Lung’ and yoga can help release blockages and that is just as important in my opinion as abstaining from sexual release.

I would refer you to Joseph Wagner for more detail on these topics. He can be reached through his Tibetan medicine website Siddhi Energetics. He may be willing to talk about this with you. I am not affiliated with him in any way, he just makes supplements to help with keeping bodily energies in balance and discusses some of these topics on his website.

Best of luck,

Brian

7. bgil133

bgil133 Fapstronaut

Also Tibetan doctor Nida Chenagtsang‘a website is a good resource.