Despair

For Fapstronauts who are disciples of Christ

1. timcia

timcia Fapstronaut

Yesterday I was very tired and struggling. Instead of looking up Bible verses to learn from my situation, I watched TV. Please learn from my stupidity.

Psalm 34:17-20 ESV When the righteous cry for help, the Lord hears and delivers them out of all their troubles. The Lord is near to the brokenhearted and saves the crushed in spirit.”

One thing I did do right was I was focusing on turning from sin, and I kept trying to pray. Those things did help, but what if I had studied the above verse for 10 minutes and prayed over it?
    This great verse is a reminder of the benefits for those striving to live right. The Lord hears and delivers them. The Lord is near to them. This is info I could have used yesterday.

Romans 15:13 ESV May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, so that by the power of the Holy Spirit you may abound in hope.”

Again, should have read this verse about 5 times.

2 Corinthians 4:8 ESV We are afflicted in every way, but not crushed; perplexed, but not driven to despair.”

If I had studied the above 2 verses, I think this one would have given me the faith to have had a better day.

Psalm 23:1-6 ESV A Psalm of David. The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want. He makes me lie down in green pastures. He leads me beside still waters. He restores my soul. He leads me in paths of righteousness for his name's sake. Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me. You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies; you anoint my head with oil; my cup overflows. ...”

Often, we are quick to punt (give up) when life gets tough. Instead, dig into the power of scripture by using the exact verses you need to get through what is knocking you down. Today I searched “verses despair” and got these great verses.

Make it a habit to “Always think about how scripture can help you solve today's challenges.” It is a key to quitting.