Cleansing my Brain from bad music

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by PhilippB, Apr 21, 2024.

1. PhilippB

PhilippB Fapstronaut

Hello guys,

so I have been thinking about quitting music with bad lyrics e.g. rap music (I mainly listen to american and german rap) because I think that the lyrics in these songs are effecting my soul/psyche ane brain in a negative way and also my thoughts on women and the world.

I have been listening to rap since I was like 12 years old (I am 26 now) and I really assume it has been bad for me.

So do you have any suggestions for good, positive and also music than lifts up the spirit?

You can send me musicians of all genres because I enjoy many genres (like metal, pop and alternative rock etc).

Thank you!

ThePerspicacious likes this.
  2. LongSault

LongSault Fapstronaut

Most mainstream/pop genres like rap music will usually have sleazy lyrics. That's what sells and that's how these labels make their money.

I love Jazz music a lot; I often have it playing in the car while I drive to work. In fact, today would have been Duke Ellington's 125th birthday. My personal favourites are John Coltrane, Charles Mingus and Keiko Matsui.

Classical is very uplifting music. My go to composers are Brahms, Gustav Holst and Arnold Schoenberg.

Positive music? That really depends. I find Celine Dion to be very positive and uplifting, as well as Sabaton, a Swedish band that sing about history (especially WWII, though some songs might be depressing). Those are just my personal tastes though; to each their own.

3. PhilippB

PhilippB Fapstronaut

Hello,
    thanks for your reply.
    Of course music can not only be positive and it also has to tell about bad things.

But I mean the degenerate rap stuff

4. USER_ERROR

USER_ERROR Fapstronaut

5. PhilippB

PhilippB Fapstronaut

That was a good one.
    But I am serious bro.

Sometimes I have the feeling that rap over the years somehow has influenced my brain and worldview.

6. Just V

Just V Fapstronaut

The original is very short and it's on the loop but I find it quite uplifting.

7. PhilippB

PhilippB Fapstronaut

This song is really nice. Thanks!

8. drac16

drac16 Fapstronaut

I suggest The Birthday Massacre. They play gothic rock.

9. PhilippB

PhilippB Fapstronaut

Hello bro,
    thats a nice track!

I am listenning a lot more to thrash metal and all kinds of metal right now.

It feels very good to embrace the rage and the brutal force of metal

10. drac16

drac16 Fapstronaut

OK, then perhaps you should check out the album 'Ride the Lightning' by Metallica. I'm not into thrash, most of the time, but Ride the Lightning is one of the best albums I have ever listened to. 'Master of Puppets' is also another good album. Give 'em a shot, mate.

If you're not into Metallica, check out the album 'Peace Sells, but Who's Buying?" by Megadeth.

11. Brother Ass

Brother Ass Fapstronaut

I've been on the same path with cleaning up the music side of my life. Lately I have been really into instrumentals and LoFi. Some of the LoFi stuff has been neat.

Take this one done from 90s grunge songs; being in my 40's, it was interesting to hear the songs of my youth again in this way.

12. wickedgayz

wickedgayz Fapstronaut

If you like The Birthday Massacre, you'll probably like Mindless Self Indulgence, although they use vile language a lot