can exercise give me the motivation to succeed nofap

Discussion in 'Fitness' started by HardWorkOnly, Jan 20, 2023.

1. HardWorkOnly

HardWorkOnly Fapstronaut

It's been a very long time 2-3 years that I have lost my motivation to stop relapsing and fix my life.Do you guys think if I start improving on one area of my life for ex gym will I get my motivation to change my life

Asgardian36 likes this.
  2. Mack Truck

Mack Truck Fapstronaut

I cannot think of any situation in life where exercise would not be a good thing.

Exercise
    Healthy Diet
    Lots of Sleep
    Read a book once in a while

oldsurfer, Asgardian36, again and 2 others like this.
  3. oldsurfer

oldsurfer Fapstronaut

It's a good start, to strengthen your body has to improve your self confidence.

again likes this.
  4. myShark999

myShark999 Fapstronaut

Everything that increases your will power will motivate you to change your life. You

Asgardian36 likes this.
  5. Asgardian36

Asgardian36 Fapstronaut

i think YES.....improving one aspect of life can have a compounding effect on other positive improvements you would like to happen in your life. Especially, exercise has several benefits that roll over plus it is easier to do than Meditation or dieting. Although exercising will naturally help one make healthier choices. Goodluck! Let us know how its going!!!

oldsurfer and HardWorkOnly like this.
  6. HardWorkOnly

HardWorkOnly Fapstronaut

Thank you for your answer,i will try to be more consistent going to the gym

Asgardian36 likes this.
  7. It sounds like you are neither rebooting nor working out right now, if I read between the lines.

So if you are starting both at the same time, it is usually going to take too much motivation to keep it going.

My suggestion is to start rebooting on hard mode. Just do that for 30 days, until you get through the cravings and withdrawals, when you got a good habit.

Then around day 30, add back some gym time, maybe walk 30 minutes a day, 30 minutes of yoga, lift weights, whatever.

Rome wasn't built in a day, my friend.

Asgardian36 likes this.
  8. Ketherlonk

Ketherlonk Fapstronaut

Working out definitely improves my motivation to stop relapsing. I haven't exercised in months, and I've started relapsing a bunch. When I was working out regularly I had much better streaks. I just had overall more energy to tackle everything in life --- work, parenting, recovery. Plus you get your dopamine from working out so you don't "need" it as much from PMO. I plan to start working out regularly again next week.

danielghbr and Keli like this.
  9. SuperFan

SuperFan Fapstronaut

Motivation is overrated.

Will going to the gym help you with NoFap? Sure, I think it would help to a degree. But how are you gonna get motivated to go to the gym?

The answer is discipline--just making a commitment to go to the gym whether you feel motivated or not. Because the thing is, motivation will ebb and flow. Some days you'll feel amazing and super focused, and other days you'll want to check out. If you allow your actions to follow your feelings, you'll be really inconsistent and you won't see good progress. But if you can get consistent--if you go to the gym at the same time, regardless of how you feel, and do the work--you'll see progress much faster. Plus, the discipline will make you feel better about yourself in a way that the exercise alone can't accomplish.

UlyssesResists likes this.
  10. Bastet

Bastet Fapstronaut

Idk actually sometimes exercising is just not for me