1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Caffeine... What's your daily intake?

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by Joseph Campbell, Feb 17, 2024.

1. Joseph Campbell

Joseph Campbell Fapstronaut

Damn! That's a lotta caffeine- good thing you recognized what the heck you were doing to your body! I'm a big fan of the crunk too... Just gotta find healthy ways to get crunk lol.

+TenPercent likes this.
  2. Joseph Campbell

For what it's worth, Matcha green tea has a compound called l-theanine naturally occurring in it. It calms the nervous system and may be why red bull sits better with ya (they pump it in energy drinks so that people can drink more...). But Matcha is much better all-round than energy drinks- I get mine online from a fella named Dr. Weil who sources it from Japan- wonderful stuffs.

3. Joseph Campbell

Good for you! I've fallen out of the practice of Lent sacrifice in my adulthood... I haven't thought about it for a while actually, I miss that period of abstinence. Good on ya for giving up something so addictive and ubiquitous

Be Inspired likes this.
  4. Avanchzel

Avanchzel Fapstronaut

I don't drink caffeine anymore. I used to be pretty addicted, started drinking it when I was around 14.

It was hard at first but the longer I went without, the easier it became.

I'd say my ability to concentrate has improved and it's so much easier to read books, and sleep.

I also find myself feeling relaxed most of the time.

Joseph Campbell likes this.
  5. Reconstruction141

Reconstruction141 New Fapstronaut

i pound a cup of black coffee every morning, then another one around noon. i drink another cup before i workout. i think i may have developed a caffeine dependency because if i dont get at least 1 cup, i get a migraine.

6. Yin&Yang-Yūki

Yin&Yang-Yūki Fapstronaut

Man i should focus on nofap because the flatline is real.

7. Mr. Unhappy

Mr. Unhappy Fapstronaut

I usually have one cup of coffee a day and a Monster energy for work. I'm pretty sure coffee isn't the reason for the gut, more or less coffee would boost your immune system. I've had a ton of friends and most that were coffee addicts were skinny non the less. Some co workers especially that took in coffee are just abnormally skinny. I didn't do monster energy drinks but now I have a gut, I'm starting to wonder if I stop it'll go away, but it just seems like it's not fading along with you bud.

8. Mr. Unhappy

Mr. Unhappy Fapstronaut

Yeah that's withdrawal's, I've heard of other people getting migraines or headaches when they stop. I would try to just stick out and see if they stop after three days. Your body has be pounding in the intake of coffee for a long time so it's going to be different being without it.

9. Nirodha

Nirodha New Fapstronaut

I'm drinking tea

10. nellywilk

nellywilk Fapstronaut

Maximum two cups a day of coffee for me. Green tea is my best friend now. Together with the https://ukwritings.com/ service, they help me to go trough some difficult times and i really appreciate that. Caffeine makes me a little more nervous , so not the right time for me at the moment.

Last edited: Mar 21, 2024
  11. LostSon41

LostSon41 Fapstronaut

Never have tasted coffee, only smelled it. Smells like dirt. And I also have a bad memory of me and my dad getting rear-ended and his hot coffee mug spilling all over my legs. I don't wanna be so addicted that I need to bring it in the car. :p

I do drink maybe a few glasses of soda 1-2 times a week. I feel like it'd be really bad if I drank it every day, although there are some times (summer break in particular) where my family happens to have like a 16-pack of Dr. Pepper and I hoard it in a mini-fridge.

12. Dying Light

Dying Light Fapstronaut

One or two cups of coffee and tea a day. Mostly drink without milk and very less sugar. It helps me with the cold allergies. It also helps to boost my immune system.

13. TheLoneWolf88

TheLoneWolf88 Fapstronaut

Good question lol. I find myself drinking 6 20 oz bottles of vitamin water energy a day. Each bottle contains 60 mg of caffeine

14. Bastet

Bastet Fapstronaut

I guess it depends but I would say like 3 cups a day. Like 3 cups of latte or another milky drink. Especially with banana milk or syrup. Read here that bananas can be good for weight loss because they are low in calories, high in fiber, and contain resistant starch, which can help you feel full and satisfied for longer periods. Plus, they provide essential nutrients like potassium and vitamin C.

Last edited: Mar 28, 2024
  15. EveAng

EveAng Fapstronaut

I usually drink two cups of coffee every day, rarely three

16. AbelHimself

AbelHimself Fapstronaut

Update: I am now consuming 5 cups a day. But I'm planning on quitting soon...

17. fredisthebes

fredisthebes Fapstronaut

Nice one! I actually did this for lent last year (didn't give up anything this year, mostly due to 'missing' the start due to a period of illness). I'd actually been trying for a long time to cut down to one coffee a day (followed by a few cups of tea if necessary), but failing. Weirdly, I found it considerably easier to cut out coffee altogether than cut it down. I think after the stimulant affects of the coffee wore off I would find myself 'needing' another, whereas if I didn't have any in the first place I would just try and find other ways to concentrate or wake myself up. Even something simple like opening the window and taking a few slow deep breaths.

After lent I started again, but found a coffee every other day was plenty. It's crept up to one a day now - which is where I wanted to be in the first place - which I typically drink before working out (on workout days), or as a mid-morning pick me up (on rest days). I no longer crave a coffee first thing in the morning. Or at all, really.

Edit to add: pre lent last year my coffee habit was between three and five a day, double espresso strength with varying amounts of milk/water added depending what I fancied. The first few days were tough...

drac16 likes this.
  18. shorty1

shorty1 Fapstronaut

...not to mention what it does to your digestive systems.......all that acid.....

19. En?gmatic

En?gmatic Fapstronaut

Got my tasty espresso 20 minutes ago. I need more :p