1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Anyone into cars?

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by Reconstruction141, Mar 17, 2024.

1. Reconstruction141

Reconstruction141 New Fapstronaut

My nofap journey finally paid its dividends. Finished college and got a financial analyst job so now I'm making more money than I've ever made in my life. I've always wanted to get into cars but I never had the means. I've always driven shitty beat up cars. My first car was my parents Honda Odyssey and I drove that for over 10 years. Then I got a used 2006 accord coupe and I thought I had a great lookin sports car. That car's on it's last legs and now that I'm making good money, I was thinking of buying a Mazda MX-5 Miata RF.

What cars do you guys drive? Got any pics?

2. TheLoneWolf88

TheLoneWolf88 Fapstronaut

I don't have a pic of it, but I drive a 2018 Toyota Corolla in bright red with the sportier front end. I get a lot of stares because of it, because people find it hard to believe this sporty looking car is a Toyota lol

Reborn16 likes this.
  3. Yin&Yang-Yūki

Yin&Yang-Yūki Fapstronaut

4. Reborn16

Reborn16 Fapstronaut

Absolutely into my cars. I've been on low income for most of my life and only bought cheap cars. But what I found is I was able to make the most of it, fixing them, and appreciating their simpler design and analogue feel.

I've got a AU XR6 VCT manual sedan. Double wishbone suspension front and rear, 4 litre inline 6 with variable cam, RWD LSD. It's a sports version of the Australian family Ford sedan, tweaked by Tickford who did work on Aston Martins among other models. Good mix of comfort, practicality, and fun.

I bought it with lots of issues, and fixing it up over recent years it's been a bit of a mirror of fixing up my own life, if that makes sense.

The MX5 is one of the few affordable new cars that still offers good driver feel, by all accounts I'm sure you'll enjoy the ownership of that vehicle!

5. TheLoneWolf88

I would be super happy if I could drive my dream car, a 1996 or 97 Viper GTS, blue with white stripes. The absolute perfect color combination with super sexy lines

I need to perfect my manual driving skills first so I don't fuck up the clutch lol

6. WanderingKnight

WanderingKnight New Fapstronaut

v6?

7. Reborn16

Reborn16 Fapstronaut

Those things are a beast. Kind of like an American Supra I guess, but all muscle no turbos.

Enjoy learning manual. I found even with a low power engine having 3 pedals can make any drive a bit of fun!

8. TheLoneWolf88

The most exhilarating car I've driven was a 2010 Aston Martin V8 Vantage for my job (I work on cars). Once you get her going, she wants to GO lol.

I had a ride in my neighbor's gen1 RT/10. I know with Vipers, if you don't respect it, it'll throw you into a tree

9. Reborn16

Reborn16 Fapstronaut

Sounds like the vipers are a real drivers car. I just looked into them again, didn't realise they were all manuals, and surprised how unique they were in the design (can't think of a car that looks quite like it).

I've only seen a few in Australia, but they are a bit cheaper than the air cooled 911s here so there's hope it may be attainable haha!

10. Ghost️

Ghost️ Fapstronaut

I love cars...not big on the mechanical knowledge though. When I was younger, my favorite car was my 92 Honda Prelude. When I got older and had more money, my favorite car was my 500hp charger.

My dream car would be this 68 Charger.

Reborn16 likes this.
  11. TheLoneWolf88

Vipers are so raw and wild that Jeremy Clarkson LOVES them

Reborn16 likes this.
  12. Rainbow Warrior

Rainbow Warrior Temporarily Suspended

I enjoy driving Toyota rav4 2.2 diesel. In America i think it’s called av6. But keep it simple. I currently dive a Toyota Yaris very nice cat but I’m upgrading to a rav soon

13. TheLoneWolf88

Our RAV4s here in America aren't available in a diesel...at least I don't think so.

Rainbow Warrior likes this.
  14. Rainbow Warrior

Rainbow Warrior Temporarily Suspended

i like less maintenance. My current car is £$35 road tax for the year! And it’s a superminis car being a Toyota still strong enough to carry 4 people around. I do however prefer the rav4 as my car of choice. I’m pretty sure in America is available in diesel. Ido know they come in v6. But it will be a good car it won’t let you down, very economical and reliable being a Toyota with great resale prices. You want to avoid big engines if you can look for more frugal cars with a good reliability record. The rav4 is a mid size SUV so it’s perfect as a round town or family car. Easy on your pocket as well but iss see in America they like to drive big cars and the fuel is cheap.