Anxiety makes me want to leave everything

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by SDJR, Nov 3, 2023.

1. SDJR

SDJR Fapstronaut

I'm at a resort right now. Beautiful weather, beaches, etc.
    I like to blame stress on work, life, etc.
    This is some of the highest anxiety I've experienced in ages.
    I want to swim out into the ocean until I drown.
    My life feels meaningless, exhausting. The things I used to enjoy all seem irrelevant now.
    I just want to sleep..but I always feel tired..

2. I'm sorry to hear that. Anxiety sucks. I'd turn the computer/phone off and try to just exist in the present in the place you're in. Try your best to enjoy it.

3. SDJR

SDJR Fapstronaut

On day two of mediation. The idea that there's no point in trying to change thoughts, just simply observe them and watch them pass you by seems interesting. Apparently it worked for marines. I read the book "peak mind" she was on Rogan and they talked about it..
    I tried tony Robbins priming method but found it didn't play out too well.
    Everyone's just got to find something and stick with it

4. Icewarrior

Icewarrior Fapstronaut

Anxiety? Get your bare feet on to the sand. Close your eyes and let the sunlight fall on the eyelids. Listen to the sound of the waves for 10 minutes or so. This is just for starters. I haven't even told you about hand gestures from yoga, simple breathing exercises etc.etc.

5. SDJR

SDJR Fapstronaut

I've worked on mindfulness. I think it has great promise.

Icewarrior likes this.
  6. SilentWolfSong

SilentWolfSong Fapstronaut

Are you religious/spiritual?

7. SDJR

SDJR Fapstronaut

Not particularly no

8. SilentWolfSong

Do you think your feeling that your life is meaningless, is possibly connected to a deeper search for meaning? I'm asking, not proselytizing.

Icewarrior likes this.
  9. Leanmaxxing

Leanmaxxing Fapstronaut

I have OCD and can relate. I can’t enjoy anything anymore. Nothing can destroy you like your own mind can… it’s always one step ahead.

10. SDJR

SDJR Fapstronaut

Most likely.
    I'm not sure if you watched Westworld. I feel like William..unable to find any sort of meaning

11. SilentWolfSong

I started Westworld but never finished.

Do you think there is meaning?
    If there is a higher power, what does that higher power want?
    What are morals?
    No reply demanded, that's your personal journey..

Icewarrior likes this.
  12. SDJR

SDJR Fapstronaut

I don't know the answer to any of those questions

SilentWolfSong likes this.
  13. Ranger-

Ranger- Fapstronaut

I had anxiety too, I still have anxiety but not too much. I didn't like to speak because I have speech disability, I thought they would laugh and some of them did. These days I changed my mindset. I dont care what other people thing I am just trying to improve myself and to be happier. Last week I started to visit speech therapy. There is no question without answer you just must to find them and everything will settle up.

14. Warfman

Warfman Fapstronaut

Read "Redefining Anxiety" by John Delony it really helped me.

Anxiety is a natural human response, its tied to fight or flight. When you have a stressor, the body feels anxious. To overcome these issues, we need to recognize that our body is trying to tell ourselves something. Typically anxiety is worse when we are eating poorly, not sleeping enough, not taking care of our Bodies, taking time to rest, and most definitely anxiety is worsened while struggling with addiction.

In those anxious moments, I suppose I used a form of mindfulness. Specifically, I reminded myself that i was safe. There was no bear about to attack me. (Think primitive brains reaction to threats). Modern day stressors are very different but still trigger that same response. Whatever the thing is, remind yourself you are ok, and recognize that your body is trying to tell you something. Repeating this over and over really helped me realize what was causing my anxiety and I was able to practice dealing with it.

Last edited: Nov 25, 2023