Am I ready to go on a blind date?

Discussion in 'Dating during a Reboot' started by HelpINeedChange, Sep 8, 2022.

1. A married friend of mine is willing to set me up on a blind date with a single woman he knows. Both of us are Christians. I'm in two minds about it.

As of writing, I'm over 3 months on my nofap journey (P only), with only one relapse (60 days ago). I am at 25 days no MO as of posting. The person I was 3 months ago was a confused mess compared to now. So in some sences, this is a success, with only 5 days to go until 30 days have been completed. I would prefer to get to 90 days with no PMO however and see how I'm feeling then.

In other senses, compared to other periods of my life, I'm more anxious about meeting women, not less. Much of the plan for this date would be to meet another women who is far more level headed than a previous relationship and to get to know her. My last relationship which she asked me out lasted less than a day, which I only said yes to because I had known her for 2 years, but once I realised she only did so because she wanted to find any christian man who would marry her, but that the marriage would be loveless, I stopped.

I've realised it takes me a long time to get to know a girl before I get any romantic feelings, which is one reason why my dating game is so limited. The only girlfriend I had which lasted a month, was built up with around 4 months of getting to know her.

But I feel I'm rushing into a relationship without feeling the true, PMO-free contentment of singleness. I still dont feel comfortable in my own skin.

Thoughts, or am I overthinking it?

2. InappropriateUsername

InappropriateUsername Fapstronaut

You seem to take your time. So this date is just to see if there is potential compatibility and chemistry. You may go out and decide “nah.”

I say go on the date. It’s good to interact with real people.

HelpINeedChange likes this.
  3. DeeJ4y

DeeJ4y Fapstronaut

go on a date. stop counting days as if it is the only thing that matters.

Spirituss likes this.