60 Day Update

Discussion in 'Success Stories' started by Mr Nicole, Apr 15, 2024.

1. Mr Nicole

Mr Nicole Fapstronaut

I actually lost count of the days as my relationship with sexting has begun fading into the past. Maybe 60? Maybe 70?
    I was addicted to sexting : found myself online finding sext partners and chatting every day- either making them climax or climaxing myself. It felt innocent at first and grew into a daily escape / addiction. I knew it was a problem when I had problems getting erections / keeping erections.

I was talking to my wife about my sexual challenges we’ve been wrestling with : losing erection during sex, losing erection in different positions she enjoys like cowgirl and doggy, and me needing everything to be “perfect” to perform sexually. She’s always been honest that we should simply admit we have these challenges, don’t pretend we don’t have them, and address them directly. Talking yesterday I realized I was able to do that. I could own these problems.
    This sense of honesty has freed me and is a new result of NoFap. As we’ve been re-introducing these challenges into our sex life we have been successful- meaning I’m ableto perform sexually in these previously challenging positions and could relax andenjoy them. This is a win.

2. ANewFocus

ANewFocus Fapstronaut

Congratulations on this progress! I'm struggling with PMO's impact on similar sexual situations with my wife and trying to find hope with that.

Also congratulations on being on NoFap for 10 years in 2 weeks. Thank you for coming back. It's better to be here and contributing and come back, than leave forever.

3. Mr Nicole

Mr Nicole Fapstronaut

Thanks. I guess it shows that the addiction requires constant maintenance.

ANewFocus likes this.
  4. Warren of fleabags

Warren of fleabags Fapstronaut

Congratulations on your progress - that intimacy between us and our SO is so vital in our progress towards fighting the utter b*tard that is P addiction.

5. Mr Nicole

Mr Nicole Fapstronaut

Agreed! I will be honest: I hid my preoccupation with sexting from everyone. The attempt to stop was a solitary one, but dialogue on our sexual challenges were led by my wife and helped me / us heal together. We addressed the end results ( Ed, etc ) not the cause.

6. Mr Nicole

Mr Nicole Fapstronaut

But my larger point is that abstinence from the addiction really does deliver results :)

Warren of fleabags and ANewFocus like this.