35 and Older Accountability Group

Discussion in 'Events & Challenges' started by artifact, Nov 24, 2018.

1. x_Nocturnalis_x

x_Nocturnalis_x Fapstronaut

2. x_Nocturnalis_x

Sounds like you are talking about willpower mostly. From my guide:

Willpower
    • Surviving a wave takes a huge amount of willpower. Willpower is a finite resource. In order to survive the biggest waves, you will have to use all your willpower, which means other things you’re spending willpower on will have to slide. If you have other goals that are tough, forget them. Other things you’re working on, ignore them, unless they make good distractions. You are not superman, and the first month will take all your willpower and then some to overcome. Once you’re consistently getting to a week, then you can carefully start doing other things that take willpower.
    • Willpower is a muscle. The more you use it, the more it grows. Use it too much, though, and it quickly wears out and becomes strained, and then everything falls over. NoFap will necessarily build massive amounts of willpower, as that’s what’s required to succeed, but building it is tough… it’s like hitting the gym, and every machine is locked to the maximum weight setting by default.
    There are so many other mental tricks you need to master as well... I couldn't do this at the start, but now if I feel a fantasy coming on I can just wipe my mind clear of it... at least for a little while. It gets harder as the days go on, but sometimes I can get to a full week without having any sort of full-on fantasy, just by having mental discipline and wiping my mind constantly. (Eventually it does arrive, but the later it arrives, the more reason you have to push through it :D)

artifact, Sam78 and JJ_Kino like this.
  3. Sam78

Sam78 Fapstronaut
    NoFap Defender

Glad you get through okay last night (Thanks for the support early btw!)
    All is well this evening, feeling more calm and poised.
    How did work go?

born3, JJ_Kino and artifact like this.
  4. Sam78

Sam78 Fapstronaut
    NoFap Defender

I go through something kind of like this where the thought of engaging with PMO or a fantasy based off something I've seen before consumes all my awareness and no matter how many times I try to shift directions that fantasy and the related urge keeps on coming, one thing that is helping is to have a list of the consequences written out as well as coping strategies so I don't have to think through it and can just change directions with less friction (it doesn't always work but sometimes it helps)

5. XnevertoolateX

XnevertoolateX Fapstronaut

Yeah... everything lol

Marriage on verge of a hateful divorce, denied access to my kids, health issues, unemployed... any day i make it to bedtime, im proud of myself.
    Hope you are doing better... if you arent, at least remember things could be worse haha

JJ_Kino and artifact like this.
  6. JJ_Kino

JJ_Kino Fapstronaut

Work almost over, getting urges as I type, I think I'm.going to walk home keep my mind off of it.

I can relate to the post you made above about "Fantasies" (I had one tonight). often my mind wonders off into it, it's like a mini dopamine hit the more I think about it the more dopamine I make the urges sky rocket and I cave in.

It happened tonight and lucky enough my colleague distracted me and I got through it.

Naughty little triggers our brain just loves lol

Last edited: Apr 19, 2024
    Sam78, x_Nocturnalis_x and artifact like this.
  7. I am not participating as a musketeer because I don't want to let you guys down! But I'm still rooting for you and trying to keep up.

Martial, Hope23, Sam78 and 3 others like this.
  8. Ok then, show us how it's done.

9. x_Nocturnalis_x

/salute

artifact, JJ_Kino and born3 like this.
  10. Gazan

Gazan Fapstronaut

Checking in day 9.

Hope23, Sam78, JJ_Kino and 2 others like this.
  11. born3

born3 Fapstronaut

Rooting for you too brother.

artifact, Hope23, Sam78 and 2 others like this.
  12. born3

born3 Fapstronaut

All good, slowly feeling better after multiple reset days in a row last week. I can clearly see what it does to me and I am feeling very motivated to stay away from it all. The price is too high, I am not willing to pay it anymore.

Have a good day everyone.

artifact, Gazan, Hope23 and 3 others like this.
  13. JJ_Kino

JJ_Kino Fapstronaut

That's correct it's a great way of thinking.

I mentioned this in a post years back and I still think it today it's something along the lines of "This sperm is mine, it belongs to me, Its what makes me stronger. I shall not waste another single drop."

Something like that and when in the zone it really works well.

Friday night another boring work shift.

Let's go

14. JJ_Kino

JJ_Kino Fapstronaut

Day 3 down,.into Day 4

One for all and all for one !

@musketeers @everyone

Have a blessed weekend stay strong and stay safe.

artifact, Hope23, born3 and 1 other person like this.
  15. x_Nocturnalis_x

16. Sam78

Sam78 Fapstronaut
    NoFap Defender

@artifact I echo @born3 's comments, I'm rooting for you as well

17. Warren of fleabags

Warren of fleabags Fapstronaut

Checking in at the start of the weekend - go well, everyone

18. born3

born3 Fapstronaut

Weekend check in. Not feeling the best at the moment, I'm a bit under the weather and just facing some life stuff which has disheartened me some what. Its all good though, zero desire to act out in any way and the motivation to stay clean is very high.

We got this musketeers. Stay sharp.

Have a good weekend everyone.

artifact, Sam78, JJ_Kino and 2 others like this.
  19. Hope23

Hope23 Fapstronaut

Have a blessed and temptation-free weekend everyone!

20. Gazan

Gazan Fapstronaut

Checkin in Day 10. For the next 10 days I'm checking in every other day. No urges. Flatline :(

artifact, Sam78, JJ_Kino and 2 others like this.