10 months of NoFap

Discussion in 'Success Stories' started by Oct162022, Aug 26, 2023.

1. Oct162022

Oct162022 Fapstronaut

Happy to check in and report 10 months no PMO. It’s a small milestone on my way to 1 year and beyond.
    As I’ve said in past posts, success truly depends on removing shame and telling as many real people in your life about your struggle as you can. It cannot be your own secret that you got yourself into and will get yourself out of. When you fall into a deep pit you must rely on others to help pull you out. After 10 months I can see struggle on the faces of other men clear as day. Just trying to slog through life one day at a time, set back after setback. One thing I realized through therapy and self reflection is that I truly did not have control over my own life. Now that I have gained control I am making progress in so many other areas including - Work life balance, job growth and advancement, finances (almost completely debt free), interpersonal relationships. I used to think that at least P is not like a physical drug that does physical damage to the body but in some ways P is even worse because the physical damage may be hard to see or discern. But looking back the damage was far greater than I realized in the moment. I lost 19 years of my adult life that I could have been making advances and just never did. It’s hard to accept that but we are on the right track now.

ELN, Andrew-B, KaiokenX20 and 3 others like this.
  2. ANewFocus

ANewFocus Fapstronaut

Who did you tell? I’m curious because this advice goes counter to usual thinking. Not saying it’s bad. Just trying to understand better.

What else helped you succeed?

10 month is truly wonderful. That is 10 months of freedom you found. I’m a similar age to you and I know how good I felt when I had 11 months before. 10 months is so much freedom. Don’t stop, ever.

3. abhisek

abhisek Fapstronaut

Started 500 day challenge today

4. ANewFocus

ANewFocus Fapstronaut

Not sure this is relevant to this post.

pinnacle likes this.
  5. Oct162022

Oct162022 Fapstronaut

Im more curious what usual thinking is? I told my wife, then a really close friend, then started going to therapy, after that I've confided in a couple other friends when the topic came up and now i don’t have any issues bringing it up in conversation with guys if it is appropriate. Obviously not just