Will you destroy the world?

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by GhostRider@11, May 4, 2024.

1. GhostRider@11

GhostRider@11 Fapstronaut

Given the option to destroy the world, through nuke or some other medium. Will you do it?

I just thought if there was a global election every 5 years, on whether the world should be destroyed or not, and if more than 50% people vote for destruction, the world shall be destroyed.
    Apart from the top 1% who are living their dream life and literally ruling the world, billionaires etc. Who else will vote for life. Even if we allow kids to vote, since they are often more optimistic then the rest, not completely, there are kids who are suicidal especially teenagers. Will we be able to even get to 20% of people who really want to live.

Remember, there are under developed and developing countries, african countries which are constantly getting exploited, even in developed countries people are stressed and depressed, only few commit suicide but most still want this to end.

I will repeat my question - Will you choose to destroy the world?

Last edited: May 4, 2024
  2. Dizzy Lotus

Dizzy Lotus Fapstronaut

No, as that goes against the command that God has given us. The question might get more interesting if you leave faith out of the picture, but I think it is impossible to separate this discussion from your personal philosophy...

3. GhostRider@11

Then let's assume that one day God summons you and asks for your opinion for his next decision.
    This can certainly keep religious bias out to some extent.

4. There would be a small chance (around 1 to 5%) that humanity doesn't destroy itself and can sort out all of it's problems. If that does happen, Imagine all the great things we could achieve. Cure disease, explore the galaxies, educate everybody, defeat addiction, End world hunger. It is a slim chance but I would love to see it happen and blowing up the world because it had a 90% chance of happening feels wrong.

As well, We will solve our problems one day because greedy rich people want to live as long as possible and a destroyed planet means they can't be wealthy.

5. GhostRider@11

Agreed. As Mark Twain said "If voting made any difference they wouldn't let us do it.", this is real power.
    If such election happen then those in power will definitely think about their actions because if people's opinion shift it will impact their future. But if such voting can only happen once but not regularly, they will revert back to their normal self after surviving with increasing media censorship, tax etc to make sure such mistakes never happen again.
    And if such voting can never happen then they will never change their current methods. I find it very frustrating that normal people have nothing to keep them in check.

Sad Googley100 likes this.