help in studies

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by staystronbestrong, Apr 11, 2024.

1. how do you remember, many things, share tips tricks

2. GhostRider@11

GhostRider@11 Fapstronaut

Build a story, humans are good at remembering stories, you remember movies completely not chapters. Like I had to learn these keywords points for one of the answer, I can easily expand them later into sentences, but learning them one by one, you will definitely forgot one or two.

1. Reducing redundancy
    2. Restricting unauthorised access
    3. Persistent data storage
    4. Backup and recovery
    5. Supports multiple user view
    6. Integrity constraints
    7. Representing complex data
    8. Efficient search algorithms

While learning this I was sitting in a class, It was one of the many questions that I had to learn before the exam starts. The story I built around was:-

I imagined my myself coming towards the classroom and seeing guards stopping people from entering class room, they were *reducing redundant* people by *restricting unauthorised access*, still I was *persistent* and told them that I had permission, I was called to fix a system malfunction, I went in the class, turned on the system and started *backup and recovery*, once the system was fixed I saw *multiple user accounts*, I entered admin account, the password screen is for *integrity*, in desktop screen I saw a lot of folder which are *representation of complex data*, at that moment I knew to scan all these folders I need a *efficient search technique*.

And that was how I fixed a super computer and saved human society from destruction. You see how much trouble I went through, each and every trouble was a emotional turmoil, what I mean is your brain will remember something if emotions are attached to it. You won't remember news about someone's death or today's date, because zero emotional attachment, but you will definitely remember a movie release date, game release date, or when exams are starting or number of days before summer vacation etc.

Another question was about types of user interface, again you will forget one or two from traditional byheart method.

1. Form based
    2. Menu based
    3. GUI based
    4. NLP based
    5. Speech and Audio
    6. DBA based

One more thing, in case order doesn't matter I am fine with jumbling them to fit all points into story, the original order was not like this for both above answers, but in my story I formed them in this order, that's why I typed it like this. I don't even remember the original order in which I wrote them in notes, while typing this answer I simply went through the story in my head, and took points one by one, therefore they will match the order of my story.

I went along with my friend to open his bank account, but the cashier gave us a "form", we said, no isn't there a better option, she said goto atm, it has a "menu based" approach, when we went there, the atm was not working, we came back, downloaded bank app for "GUI based" account opening, but the OTP was not working, we went to cashier and said isn't there any natural language type of thing (NLP), later we just told her through "speech" and she entered the data in her "DBA user interface".

That's why my friend doesn't like to visit banks, entire day got wasted just to open a account.

The exam was a month ago, I forgot most questions but the questions for which I built story, I can still explain them without revision.

Secondly I will say, it's about how focused you are. If you have kept book in front and continuously thinking about anime, TV or some games. Forget it, even a lifetime won't be enough to complete one page. But if you are genuinely interested and just little bit curious, all your thoughts and emotions are focused on that book, one hour is enough to finish it. There's a story of Vivekananda how he learnt 12 volumes of encyclopaedia, he was so much focused that just reading them once was enough, the librarian was confused - how can someone finish one volume a day, she thought that he is simply acting as if he is studying and just returns the book next day, so she took his test, but was shocked to see him repeating exact words and even page numbers sometimes. It's the power of concentration that differentiates humans from animals. We can focus and concentrate on a subject for a long time, but most animals can't, most are slaves of their hunger and other survival instincts.

Last edited: Apr 12, 2024
  3. nellywilk

nellywilk Fapstronaut

Reading books and learning poems is great for the memory training. Doing special courses for memory training and playing special games might help as well. I read some good BrainStation reviews in the past, maybe that's something for you?

Last edited: Apr 17, 2024