Beta-blocker medications are not the solution to your depression

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by Bingles, Apr 1, 2024.

Tags:
  1. Bingles

Bingles Fapstronaut

I was on propranolol for two years, and it numbed my brain and body to the point where I felt emasculated and unable to do day-to-day tasks. My muscles were weak and my headaches got worse. My depression wasn't cured by guzzling 80mg pills. The solution isn't to block every emotion and alter yourself through prescribed drugs. Go to the gym, start reading books, eat healthily. You would be surprised what miracles this can do for you. NoFap helps you preserve and focus your time and energy into things more worthwhile. So stop beating your worm and get out there! Unplug for a few weeks!

Semtex, HealingBodyandMind and Roady like this.
  2. FocusIsLove

FocusIsLove Fapstronaut

Yeah, I am generally of the philosophy that anything that chemically alters your body's natural mechanisms is at best a temporary measure to give you time to implement a solution that addresses the root issue: why your body isn't maintaining it's proper balance in the first place. A whole lot of people seeing docs and psychs for all sorts of problems will only have symptoms treated, which in the long run only lets the source of the problem get worse. Diet is huge, getting exercise is huge, and having a good social and personal life huge. If we all started there, then most people wouldn't need all of these mediocre services. Glad to hear you got out of that rut!