What is taking NoFap too seriously mean?

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by Life enjoyer, May 8, 2024.

1. Life enjoyer

Life enjoyer Fapstronaut

So I heard from people on NoFap that we should make this a lifestyle but try not to take it too seriously or else we will end up relapsing. I wonder, but what does it mean taking it too seriously?

2. drac16

drac16 Fapstronaut

I think that "taking it too seriously" means that you feel superior to others who are not as self-controlled as you are. When one performs well, like say 40 days without masturbating, it's very easy to become self-righteous. It's not a race, it's a process.

3. I_Am_Strong_54

I_Am_Strong_54 Fapstronaut

I think taking NoFap "too seriously" is when you worry about everything being a relapse. I've seen posts in the past that might read something like "I was at the gym today and there were attractive women there so I count that as a relapse" or "I was walking today and saw a beautiful woman and that is a relapse." It's basically thinking everything is a relapse.

I also think another example of taking it too seriously are the posts that might read something like "I was eating lunch today in the cafeteria at work and this woman came up to me and said she was new there and asked what is good. Leave me alone lady, I don't want you. My semen retention is the most important thing in the world to me." Calm down dude, she might just be asking you a question and not hitting on you.

hiimbubbles and USER_ERROR like this.
  4. LostSon41

LostSon41 Fapstronaut

"Too seriously" can be 2 things.

1. You make NoFap your personality, like @I_Am_Strong_54 mentioned.

2. You focus so hard on NoFap that it hurts other parts of your life. A sign of this is spending hours on this website every day. If you have the free time, sure a few hours is fine, but every day can be a problem. Another sign is worrying too hard. If you feel like the world will end when you fail that's a problem. I feel like people give up at a higher rate with this mentality.