Over 100 days of NoFap

Discussion in 'Success Stories' started by Captain B, Jul 28, 2014.

1. Texas77

Texas77 Fapstronaut

Awesome man, so good I read it a second time.

2. MikeGolf

MikeGolf New Fapstronaut

Truly inspiring mate! Good on ya!!

3. bmw4real

bmw4real Fapstronaut

4. Groves32

Groves32 Fapstronaut

I'm new to this whole thing and this was the best one I've seen so far I'm going to keep your post in mind thanks a lot for this!!!

5. endymion

endymion Fapstronaut

Nice one, I have some questions. Did you not feel any 'chaser' type effects after having sex? And over the hundred days how difficult was it to control fantasies? I find fantasizing is the hardest part to control.

6. M4Master

M4Master Fapstronaut

Thanks for your encouraging story. I'll be up with you!

Last edited: Sep 12, 2014
  7. hopepeacelove

hopepeacelove Fapstronaut

That was great man, congratulations! :)

8. hammer

hammer Guest

Really encouraging! I just started out because of the immense negative effects it's having on me and parts of my life, and it's really inspiring and motivating to read stuff like this! CONGRATULATIONS, YOU DID IT!! :)

9. HispanicMON

HispanicMON Fapstronaut

!~! So, motivational.....it's awesome!!!

Ill own my life with "cold showers"

10. Very inspiring and mouthwatering experiences!...congrats!!

11. Captain B

Captain B Fapstronaut

Hey everyone, thanks for the kind words, I hope all of you are going to reach your goals and if my story helped you getting there, well, you're welcome :) I'm happy to know I can pay back to this forum since it helped me so much.

This is sort of a late reply but I haven't been on this site in a while (it's kinda part of me trying to take my mind fully off of sex & PMO). I'd still like to reply to this:
    I did feel a chaser effect after I had sex on day 60. It was freaking insane, I couldn't focus on anything, I could only think about the night before. BUT: I didn't want to MO, I wanted to have sex again. That's probably the greatest change that I've gone through with NoFap. Sure, even now after 5 months, urges to MO and sometimes even urges to watch P again do come back. But they fade quickly and 90% of the time, I'm urge free. The only thing I find myself longing for every now and then is real sex with a real woman.

You are right though, controling fantasies is definitely the hardest part. I don't have a perfect recipe for fighting it and I'm still struggling with this, too. To some extent, I do see fantasies as a good thing though and think it's unrealistic to try to reach a point where you don't fantasize about anything at all and strictly stay with what's real. I mean, that's what your brain is for: being creative and imagining things!

For example, I do sometimes fantasize about how I would approach a girl in a bar / on the subway / in the park and so on. I do this in a somewhat... analytical way though. Like you might think about all the different ways another person could respond before you're getting into an argument with that person. Of course, you shouldn't get lost in these fantasies. The best way to get better at talking to girls is real practice. But it helps me being prepared and I've actually found myself using some of the things I said in made up situations in real life.

BUT: it's pointless to lay in bed and think about sex in completely unrealistic ways. And I remind myself of that whenever I catch my thoughts wandering off. It doesn't benefit me in any way. What also helps calming my mind in these situations is literally telling myself "You're not a 13 year old boy anymore. You're a grown-up man. Act like one." So the only time I do think about sex is when I think about the things I'd like to do with the girl I'm currently dating. Those fantasies are never very visual though, I just think about what I could do to keep everything creative & fun with her.

So anyways, thanks for all the replies, it's very motivating for me to see that my success motivates others! And it's also a great ego-boost ;)

12. Caveat Emptor

Caveat Emptor Distinguished Fapstronaut

Hey Captain B, there's a thread trying to make a list of successful rebooters, so I linked them to this page and, by extension, your profile.

Congrats again. #nevergoingback

13. Thanks for sharing - its inspiring and very motivational! Its hard to walk down this road - but the fact that some have walked it before you gives you lots of support!

14. natcrenshaw

natcrenshaw Fapstronaut

DUDE!! seriously thank you for your post, and being yourself,
    I made it 31 days and relapsed THEN found this site and ALL this f@cking info on it!! I'm excited and ready!!! thanks again
    Nathan

15. Fungry4Success

Fungry4Success Fapstronaut

Ayy Captain! You the man. Thanks for sharing this your awesome journey, you're an inspiration to all.

16. chunique

chunique Fapstronaut

Gggggreat! I really want to do something like you! but not yet... I must keep moving!!!

17. fightback

fightback Banned

i hate that u view this issue as a contest. this is about freedom. i don't care how long u went. If u attain your personal goal...great, but don't gloat and pretend like ur a superhero. We are all frail in the flesh. just because u abstain doesn't mean u are free if the lust in your heart is still there. it's great that u don't pmo, but i know for a fact u still have rampant fantasy in your mind. That kind of self-righteous talk does not benefit anyone trying to beat the addiction. good day!

18. UniversalSexGod

UniversalSexGod Fapstronaut

19. Captain B

Captain B Fapstronaut

Totally agree with your point. NoFap shouldn't be about counting days on your counter, it should be a general way of living that is implemented into one's life like breathing and eating. However, most of our journeys start off like mine, with a specific goal set and a counter running. It's a good tool to use to get started, just gotta move past it after some point. When I wrote this story, I was super happy I made it so far and I wanted to shout it out. I thought I made it clear in "chapter 7" that I don't want to continue seeing this as a contest - neither for me alone nor between others and myself.

As for "rampant fantasy" - I don't really know where you got that from. I've been talking about fantasizing in a couple of other threads and mostly in a somewhat positive way. But "rampant" is far from what my fantasies look like. Like I said before in this thread, I do still think about sex but it is very different from what it used to be. But yes, it is still hard to control at times, and it's still a challenge I'm working on.

Dude... What can I say. I don't pretend like I'm a superhero. I AM a goddamn superhero. Compared to what I came from, the inexplicable luck with women, the attention and attraction I've been experiencing - that IS a super power to me. I'm sorry if I haven't made my point clear enough for you to see that I don't mean to be gloating at all though. What I've been trying to say here is that anyone can reach this point! I'm trying to explain my positive experience to give out motivation to others!

While writing this certainly was partially motivated by self-righteousness, since I was super happy and also proud of myself, I am convinced that these kind of stories DO benefit many people trying to beat the addiction. See, what really got me going when I first started NoFap was a success story by another fapstronaut (giggleshmack). He reported in detail on his positive experiences and that made my motivation shoot through the roof! I want to keep these kinds of stories alive on here so others can make similar experiences. From the feedback I've been getting on this story, I think I'm right about the way I went about this. Hell, maybe it's just my style of writing that throws you off but I like to keep everything with a little wink & smile on the side, it's just life ;)

Good day to you, too!

20. Asgardian36

Asgardian36 Fapstronaut

Hey Captain B Nice Post and Congratulations. Thank you for the Links in the Post. And I just wanna say, keep going Man! People will say Negative Stuff [I like the way you replied to some of the -Ve posts, although its not required, sometimes Its necessary to Explain ourselves n put them out of their Misery lol]