Non-Negotiables [2024]

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by FallingPetals, Jan 10, 2024.

1. FallingPetals

FallingPetals Fapstronaut

Last 2 hrs have been unproductive
    A mixture of dozing off and not being able to get up and actually do any stuff
    The more time kept passing, the more I kept feeling like “oh its too late now, you have already wasted so much time”… NO. Not true. Never too late

Getting up now, coffee and then bismillah!

Orphan, One Eyed Owl and Caged_bird like this.
  2. FallingPetals

Coffee gone (as in finished lol). Working on a project task then hopefully, I can journal inshallah

3. FallingPetals

Annoyed but am done with the project work. Just took a LOT more time than expected and doesn't feel like it was worth it. Maybe need to be smarter about some stuff. Anyways. Not in the mood to study :/

4. FallingPetals

And I don’t think I can expect to get much studying done anyway as the last ten days of Ramadan are busy
    I also need to make sure to get some sleep in the morning. Otherwise, I do that after noon and it steals away the opportunity to do house chores.

So from tomorrow…
    5—-8 AM: Utilise these hours in studying and project work
    Go back to sleep at 8 AM sharp. Or at least try to.

Nights are super busy but I think I can manage a one hour nap somewhere around midnight.

I also need to NOT use the Fajr time for Insta. No Insta, preferably no social media after 12 AM till 12 PM.

Orphan, One Eyed Owl and InnerMan like this.
  5. FallingPetals

Ok, alhamdulillah
    Got done with two imp pressing project tasks
    The rest can be done later inshallah
    Need to eat and rest. I can feel myself getting sick. Its not cold but I feel cold

6. FallingPetals

Ate and got done with another imp task
    I was hoping I could journal but I don’t think it’s happening rn
    Quick break and maybe gonna take power nap inshallah

7. FallingPetals

I slept from 9 AM till 2 PM which is progress. Progress because in last days, I wasn’t able to sleep until 11/12PM :/
    Even today when I fell asleep at around 9, I woke up around 10:30 and forced myself to go back to sleep. It’s kind of good because ideally, I don’t want to be sleeping during the early morning post Fajr hours. Want to get back to being an early bird inshallah :emoji_bird:

Did use Insta in the morning but it was purposeful use. So no problem about that

Good productive day… mostly spent at a friend’s place. Need to take a nap right now and eat something. Would really like to journal. Studying has been impossible so far :/ but hopefully because I have gotten done with major project work, I can find some time tomorrow morning

8. FallingPetals

I slept from 7 to 11:30 AM which was kind of good. BUT, after that, I chose to stay in bed and do nothing until 3 PM. Yeah, that’s bad. I know.

Been productive since then. Responded to some imp messages which I had purposely delayed responding to and felt like a burden was lifted. It was such a small thing but I had to be careful about it.

Right now, I need to…
    Attend an online class
    Get an imp project task done
    Get another imp project task done
    Journal. Need to clear my head some more
    Organise my cupboard

I might not get much sleep today. I really want to go somewhere in the morning

9. FallingPetals

I am sleepy and I feel like I have a lot to do and instead of getting to work, I am close to having a laughing fit

seriously, Zee what’s so funny? Loooooool

10. FallingPetals

11. FallingPetals

:emoji_ballot_box_with_check:Attend an online class
    :emoji_ballot_box_with_check:Get an imp project task done

AND I SHOULD TOTALLY DITCH MY WORK AND GO OUT

12. FallingPetals

I am extremely sleepy… but I have a long day ahead of me but I also didn’t get any sleep last night or the night before (as I slept in the morning)

Once Ramadan is over, I MUST develop consistency in my sleep routine. Have had enough of the broken routines

Caged_bird, One Eyed Owl and Orphan like this.
  13. FallingPetals

I fell asleep. I woke up now. I am going to try taking a nap again and after that, get to work inshallah.

Orphan and One Eyed Owl like this.
  14. FallingPetals

Tiny nap later, I showered and am ready for the day. Sleep might be an issue today because I have only slept like… 2 hours? At the most?

And until I cannot find my to-do list notebook, let me quickly jot down here what I need to accomplish today inshallah.
    :emoji_white_check_mark:Tilawah
    :emoji_white_check_mark:Project task
    *Organising my room/cupboards
    Wrapping up gifts if I have the time
    Laying out a plan of action for my all upcoming project tasks
    Journal pls
    :emoji_white_check_mark:Really want to take over iftar prep today
    More tilawah

The started tasks are high priority.
    Btw, despite being up early, I couldnt go where I had to go. Wasnt my fault, just a confusion on plans. Probably wasn’t meant to go there. Alhamdulillah

Last edited: Apr 4, 2024
    One Eyed Owl, InnerMan and Orphan like this.
  15. FallingPetals

So sleepy now… how will I make it through the day AND the night?

One Eyed Owl and Orphan like this.
  16. FallingPetals

Desperately trying to take a nap… if I dont rest now, it will make everything difficult to bear

Caged_bird, One Eyed Owl and Orphan like this.
  17. FallingPetals

I rested after my last post. Finally fell asleep. 3 hours. Very odd time… I helped with iftar, couldn’t exactly “take over” lol.
    Alhamdulillah though…

It’s Ramadan. I don’t expect a good routine. I feel a bit down at times about my productivity level. Last Ramadan, I was working and managed to handle other stuff too like house chores etc. I am just relatively free this year for the first time in so long, but am not doing enough compared to that… not sure what to do about or if I should just let it be.

Caged_bird and One Eyed Owl like this.
  18. FallingPetals

I got some night sleep alhamdulillah
    Nothing compares to night sleep
    It’s just more recharging and restoring

Ready to get stuff done

Caged_bird, One Eyed Owl and InnerMan like this.
  19. FallingPetals

Got some solid sleep. Alhamdulillah

Goal is to utilise the remaining time in the best way possible
    Need organise my room. That’s the priority.

Been having odd dreams lately

20. FallingPetals

I have felt more in control of my thoughts and laziness in these two days alhamdulillah