To keep or delete Snapchat

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by A_glass1900, Jan 6, 2024.

1. LostSon41

LostSon41 Fapstronaut

A lot of people are starting to realize the downsides of Snapchat in particular. I’ve been noticing more and more people, friends and people who I know less, who’ve been deleting it. I feel like once you get rid of it, you really understand how unnecessary it really is. I think it’s better to only connect with people who you can comfortably text or email with. Then you know it’s genuine.

2. LongSault

LongSault Fapstronaut

Personally, I've never used Snapchat a day in my life, so I'll have to rely on your information about it to understand how it works. However, I've pretty much eliminated social media from my life altogether, as I see it as a waste of my time and energy. I prefer in person encounters when I can, or I simply write letters. Sure, it's old fashioned, but it's rapidly becoming a lost art; it helps me stay in touch with friends without the need of rushing a response from them.

Honestly, I could say the same about NoFap, but I digress. To be honest, from what I hear, most of social media is rapidly going in this direction. These platforms seem more interested in keeping users in touch with celebrities and news rather than interacting with friends. That way, it ensures more engagement, but not the "social" kind these platforms were originally intended for. As a result, those who are ware o this shift will leave, while those promoting themselves or a brand will exploit this change. For me, I don't see the point, so I don't engage at all, but that's just me at the end of the day.

Think about this from a NoFap perspective: Are these "fitness models" causing you to act out sexually (i.e. masturbate)? If the answer is yes, then perhaps it's best to get rid of SnapChat. On the other hand, I would be weary of calling these women "Fitness models," as they are probably 90% plastic surgery and 10% filters. That aside, the whole point of dangling these women in front of guys like us is to get us to either waste more time on the app or to pay for premium subscriptions. A waste of time, if you ask me.

You won't. If you did, it would have happened already.

Like yourself, I don't have that many friends in general, but to me that's a good thing. Too many friends means that I don't know who to trust, not to mention you won't have that much time to hang out with them as you get older. Life will simply get too busy as your day-to-day responsibilities eat up all of your free time. My advice is to treasure the few friends you do have, while resisting the temptation that says you either need more or an app like SnapChat to maintain these new friendships.

A_glass1900 likes this.
  3. Rainbow Warrior

Rainbow Warrior Fapstronaut

4. A_glass1900

A_glass1900 Fapstronaut

Already did.

Rainbow Warrior likes this.
  5. Rainbow Warrior

Rainbow Warrior Fapstronaut

Delete everything of social media. And set up safety filters.