Problem with exhibitionism

Discussion in 'Compulsive Sexual Behavior' started by power369, Apr 9, 2024.

1. power369

power369 Fapstronaut

These are just the kind of words I need to read friend, To be honest I feel very motivated. I have managed to stay clean so far since the last relapse and I don't feel particularly anxious, but I'm going to take advantage of the fact that I'm in the safe zone to continue working on my values and goals, as you've said.

I really appreciate the motivation and content shared to beat this addiction, I'm even trying to think like a non-addict, I think that even if you are addicted, thinking too much about it also keeps us tied to the cycle of relapses. Today I wake up with great energy and optimism embracing life!

Thank you for the support! I wish you the best to all of you guys. And will keep updating how I'm doing.

Kn0wbie and Spontifex like this.
  2. I‘m glad my words resonate with you. They all come from evidence based experience :) And yeah, I agree, while staying alert, vigilant, honest etc. we shouldn‘t make recovery a marathon that takes all the joy out of life. And overthinking or even be compulsively engaged in wanting to recover can be counter productive. You‘re well on track. Keep it up and enjoy the bumpy road of recovery.

power369 likes this.
  3. zenmonk

zenmonk Fapstronaut

I had a hard and confused day yesterday and a harsh evening with a near relapse so I decided to set a counter from today to be able to better monitor the situation of my complete recovery, I hope you all are doing well!

power369 likes this.
  4. power369

power369 Fapstronaut

I think it is very wise of you to take preventative measures to work on regaining and maintaining control before you lose it. Keep going at it bro, and remember that we are stronger than these desires.

Let's keep moving forward on this recovery path!

That has been working for me, yeah, my mind it feels lighter when I'm not often thinking about the same, but I'm aware that desire it's a state of mind when you don't feel like quitting, but when you are finally able to focus on something else, it's easier.

I'm still clean and away from cams so far, specially because of busy days, but feeling urges as soon as I'm dissocupieed. Ups and downs in that regard, but I feel proud somehow of the progress so far.

Thank you all guys, and to whoever that is facing the same issue, don't give up, let's keep fighting together! We can!

Spontifex likes this.
  5. SoberGuy

SoberGuy Fapstronaut

Hello y'all, i came back here to share some reasons to stay away from exhibitionism (those are helping me at tough moments) :

1 - You never know accurately where your photo is (the number of copies, those who own the copies, where it was shared, etc.)

2 - You could be interacting with a fake/scammer (the famous "catfish")

3 - You won't feel the real pleasure of a relationship, just lie to yourself

4 - 99% sure that if you struggle with P addiction, you will keep fueling it

5 - You have the chance to stumble across these weirdos that will tell you a lot of bullshit, trying to make you feel bad with your own body image. Those could curse/offend in any possible way

6 - As every addiction, you will lose time, keep yourself isolated, maybe get depressed and anxious, etc

7 - The sort of person that generally likes to be in these "spots" could vary between cucks and pedos

8 - You lose respect for yourself because you are not evaluating your own body, your sacred temple

These are some reasons i think could help you guys to keep away from this fetishist world. That wasn't for me, i'm happy that i overcomed these urges, even when they come back and try to destroy my control, and i'm sure if you all are here reading this, that's not for you aswell.

Spontifex likes this.
  6. That's wonderful, congratulations for staying off the hook. Yeah, for me it is still a challenge on days when I am alone at home and would have the time, the possibility, the availability ... that's a tricky cocktail and I know I better keep myself busy studying or working or do some housework, go grocery shopping, read or go for a walk even if it's only around the block. Keept the good work up, keep focused on your values and your vision you have for yourself. Stay strong, keep going, keep growing :)